Bombings In London

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgriffin

Reaction score
WIth the news in on the bombings in London, i'd like to wish that everyone who has relatives and friends over there, that they are all well and safe.

Peace to all.

Likewise. I've just seen the news update on it.
Hope you are safe and well too Kook.

Beers,
Doc

I'm fine. I work two floors underground, here.

Theres a lot of panic around, and we're trying to locate workers. Not allowed in/outside the building at the moment.

good to hear Kook.....

Peace out
JSB

At least you have the internet!

kook said:
I'm fine. I work two floors underground, here.

Theres a lot of panic around, and we're trying to locate workers. Not allowed in/outside the building at the moment.
[post="66545"][/post]​

Damn, that's pretty close to Aldgate station.

Good to hear Kook. Hope you locate your co-workers soon.

Im fine. For those that know me and knew that im in Londnon.

Jim.

Had to walk home earlier today, as all services were down, and there was an hour long minimum wait for ferries.

I gave up and walked for 1.5hrs along the thames, thankfully not raining!!

Now drinking some brews....

oh yeah, and the aussies lost the cricket :-(

what a day

It's good to hear you're all ok, a mate (whose wedding we're attending in August) was on a train between Kings Cross and Moorgate when it all happened, luckily he was running five minutes late as he reports both stations had bombs.

Kook, I hope all your fellow workers are found and ok.

Edit: added "he reports" as there appear to be a bit of confusion as to where the bombs went off at the time. Terrible events.

Glad to hear you're all ok - looks like all my mates back home are fine too - The gutless bastards, they certainly won't put me off enjoying London when I arrive...

Nonic - you heading to the UK for the wedding??

If you can survive a walk through the East End Kook. You can survive anything. :(

Bet you were glad to get home.

Warren -

Ross said:
Glad to hear you're all ok - looks like all my mates back home are fine too - The gutless bastards, they certainly won't put me off enjoying London when I arrive...

[post="66596"][/post]​

G'day Ross,

It's good to hear your mates are ok aswell. Yes we're off to the UK on 16 August for the wedding. We wont be put off either.

Just a quick G'day. I was at home and the wife was safely at work. I guess we will feel the full devastation of this tragedy over the next few day, but at the moment I am selfishly thankful that we have come through this untouched.
Keith

nonicman said:
Ross said:

[post="66596"][/post]​

G'day Ross,

It's good to hear your mates are ok aswell. Yes we're off to the UK on 16 August for the wedding. We wont be put off either.
[post="66600"][/post]​

Your date's a bugger - You'll miss the beer GB beer festival - hope we can catch up for an ale....

Despite the outright tragedy of this attack, it's good to hear that our London correspondents are well and that so far the death toll has been relatively low.

Keep your head down, your chin up and your upper lip stiff, kook.

This shite really sucks.!!! :angry:
ive had the "i'm OK" call from all but one friend over there.
its killer waiting for a call or email from a mate when its about whether he's alive or not..?!??! :(

Really have to wonder if these attcks will ever go away.
i was in portugal when sept 11 occured.. with family begging for me to come home.
but i wasnt keen to get on a flight :eek:
and i was then in bali for the bombings (although i wasnt living in kuta).

all just WRONG.

ps. if any of my Hackney crew are reading.. hope your all ok. keep safe
pps. i dont like the fact that i work in a large gov. building in sydney.! :(

PostModern said:
Despite the outright tragedy of this attack, it's good to hear that our London correspondents are well and that so far the death toll has been relatively low.

Keep your head down, your chin up and your upper lip stiff, kook.
[post="66617"][/post]​

If I could go to work today, I would (we've specifically been asked not to). I'm a contractor, and although it may be fun to sit on my ass today drinking beer and playing xbox, i'm losing money!

No way I'm going to let it affect my transport plans.

If you go to GBBF as a customer, try not to take any bags with you. I presume it will be back to having to seach every bag coming into the festival. :(

Same goes for pretty much any other event in England.

Latest posts

Back