Bombings In London

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good to hear all you expat brewers are ok, got to work this morning and the boss was looking a bit frazzled, his daughter is working in london and due to the switchboard overloads,could not contact her for 6 agonising hours,she useally takes the tube but recently the hospital she works at hired a bus to transport the staff to work.and is now pitching in. thank christ for small mercy. as for those responsible i remember a saying that i have not heard for some time and that is GUTLESS BASTARDS

Bloody hell, reports of more explosions.

I was just watching those on the late news. Nail bombs and shit. I hope those fuckers start setting them off in their own homes. Good to see you're still alive.

Hmmm. Sorry to hear guys.

It's a frustrating thing to combat simply because you can't stop it. You can't secure everywhere. I just wish there was a way to change the mindset of these fanatics-it really is the only way.

It really is a cowardly attack to bomb innocent people going about their daily lives. What really grates on me is when the media report about the "Bombing MASTERMIND"-that's far too much credit to give these w@nkers. Yep, a whole lot of masterminding needed to bomb innocents in an unsecured area with a hidden bomb when they are not expecting it.

I also think the media plays right into the hands of the terrorists by giving such a HUGE amount of coverage to it, and portraying the amount of terror and fear in the community, unfortunatelty coverage is exactly what they want. I know you can't just ignore it but I wish it didn't get the coverage that it does, if you know what I mean.

Just as an example of the mindset of these people, I read an article in the paper the other day saying that one of the bombers bought $2100 worth of designer perfumes the day before to use as a napalm like component to surround the bomb when it went off and increase the likelyhood of burn victims. Designer perfumes are a symbol of western decadence apparently to these guys. Myself personally, if I was going blow myself up the next day I'd have one hell of a night out the night before with that $2100 instead. Not funny I know but gives you an idea of what your trying to deal with.

Not good I know but in reality you have to watch out for those bloody red buses and black cabs as your more likely to get run over by one of them that anything else happen to you. Or roll out of a british pub with a belly full of ale and knock your noggin on the footpath.

Cheers and thought to you all over there.
Justin

And now for the resulting paranoia.

Doc

Novelty toy no gas for Australian bus driver

SYDNEY (Reuters) - An Australian bus driver who called police after he found a package on his bus which emitted a strange sound when touched was left red-faced when it turned out to be a novelty store cushion.

Just two weeks ago Sydney, Australia's largest city, adopted a New York-style "If you see something, say something" counter-terrorism campaign urging people to report unattended bags or suspicious activity around public transport.

The driver found the package on the rear seat of his bus after completing his route around the Sydney beachside of Coogee on Sunday. Fearing it could be an explosive device of some kind, he called the police.

"It was an unattended item, emitting a popping sound," a police spokesman said.

"Just as a precautionary measure, police went and investigated. It's a whoopee cushion," he said

Better that the cops come and embarass bus drivers a hundred times than have just one bussy set off a bomb, hey?

Funny tho.

what a sad state our world is in at the moment, even here in Aus we have to be a little paranoid.

Andrew

Latest posts

Back