Bns Ball Saturday - No Glass Allowed

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes a train wrech look like a 5 yr olds birthday party. :super:

:lol: sounds like a train wreck of a night

It's more like a day and a half wreck. It is a great aussie institution.

B&S balls generally have a 'recovery' somewhere the next day (usually a local pub nearby). This is just an excuse to top up; I'd say get drunk again but most folks would still be drunk at the recovery. Boat racing is popular at the recovery as soon as the pub opens first thing in the morning. Stiring mates about who they hooked up with is popular too. More random hook ups occur at the recovery.

Re: the food dye, some folks spit it at you if you are not yet covered in dye. Some folks will rip the pockets off your shirt too.
Black suit and white shirt is expected. Obviously not a valuable suit.

I believe food dye and BYO drinks (in the venue) are generally banned at most B&S'. If you get caught with either you will be evicted. Food dye still gets brought in though. Pass outs to the car park are generally not available either. Once you're in the venue, you stay until you have hooked up and want to 'retire' for the evening. If you don't hook up before it's lights out, you may still hook up in the car parking area.

Leaving the recovery generally involves folks doing donuts in a ute and then roaring off down the street to make the waiting cops chase them. This is the decoy, all the other folks will drive off in another direction.

been to a few condo bns..

but by far the best i have ever been to, and i dont think they run it any more is the Red Devils Ball - Gunnedah BNS new years eve

i dont think my body has ever fully recoverd from that night!

????????

If he wakes up next to a "LAGER" girl he will be happy.....

If he wakes up next to a "LARGER" girl he may have to chew his arm off...

Not when he finds out it's not "LAGER", it's just a plain old yeast infection she has.

It's been a little while since i've been to a BNS ball, but I can tell you I wasnt worried about the taste of commercial beers, the taste buds hardly had a chance to react, the beer was moving so fast past them, and that cowgirl over in the corner just wasnt quite pretty enough yet.

I'm about to venture off for a 12 men boys trip to the Birdsville Races and back, 2 week round trip, 6 cars and again, deffinately no craft beers or homebrew on board, you have to pack for space and ease, and that leads to tinnies, VB and Tooheys New for us, 18 cartons of em. Tinnies fit better in Engel fridges and eskys, and they hold there cooler temp better.

Good luck at the BNS, you'll be sick of mid strength beer and Bundy rum by the end of the weekend.

p.s. I know everyone will hate my Tinny advice, but I camp alot, and it works perfect for me.

Cans work the best for long camping trips. However I take the oettinger 440 cans along. For $40 a carton they are good value and taste pretty good.

Makes a train wrech look like a 5 yr olds birthday party. :super:

HAHAH spot on!

I forgot the suit.

Actually, its usually boots, jeans, white shirt, bow tie, black dinner jacket (sourced from second hand charity shops) and a hat.

A pic of me below from the 2nd year i went.......and thats not red food dye under my lip....... Rum and me tended to get together and fight, so i now just drink beer :)

bsbliss2.jpg

Mmmmm just read the flier.......... No Drugs, No Glass, No agro, No circle work, no food dye, lots of fun.

sounds like the fun police have made it a 5 year olds birthday party........ they may have pin the tail on the donkey if your lucky.

Ahhhh its like cracker night...... im glad i experienced the good fun dangers :)

Not when he finds out it's not "LAGER", it's just a plain old yeast infection she has.

Could be a new Lager yeast strain that ferments at 36 degrees....

Mmmmm just read the flier.......... No Drugs, No Glass, No agro, No circle work, no food dye, lots of fun.

sounds like the fun police have made it a 5 year olds birthday party........ they may have pin the tail on the donkey if your lucky.

Ahhhh its like cracker night...... im glad i experienced the good fun dangers :)

You better move to the territory tony, we still have cracker night. "territory day" always a good night and always end up with burns. I still have half a box in the next room waiting for the right moment! Couldn't find any roman candles the last two years though, they were definitely my favourite from years ago.

Just out of curiosity, what is the ratio of men/women at these type of things? I'm puzzled as to what sort of women would subject themselves to such an event. :lol:

Was my first, so can't tell you what is "normal", but it was pretty good actually. My mates told me the amount and quality of girls was abnormal.
Was meant to be their last but we're gonna go again!

I heard someone forgot the fire wood so they burnt some cars instead

Back