Bigbrew Day At Anthonymac's

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnthonyMac

Reaction score
Me and my boyfriend hosted the Adelaide Big Brew Day today. We've all had a great day with 5 brewers showing up (Boots, Jayse, SteveSA, Kai and me).

My brew unfortunately turned out very average, especially compared to Boots's (great brewer btw) but we had a great day.

Props to all the brewers.

Love you all

AnthonyMac

And Kenny why won't you return my calls anymore???

I think I'm pregnant :(

AnthonyMac said:
And Kenny why won't you return my calls anymore???

I think I'm pregnant :(
[post="124714"][/post]​

Is this true love?? :wub:

Sounds like some good sampling was undertaken... :)

dare i ask for photos Anthony?
just the brewing thanks :)

Its good to see that you are OUT and about brewing 2day guys.sound like a GAY old time was had by all :party:

havent u guys finished yet
or does amac know what is going on yet

I left 'em about an hour or so ago, jaz, and they were still going strong.

What an excellent day.

Kai said:

What an excellent day.
[post="124756"][/post]​

Top day indeed! and the Crows won as well, which made up for the miserable weather, and my leaving early to get to the footy :D .

How did Amac's beer really turn out in the end? And just how many cooks were there??

He reached his target gravity despite having 40L in the kettle. No idea what the wort itself was like though.

So all up we had five brewers, made six brews at probably around 120-150 litres of wort. And a lot of beer.

wee stu said:
Kai said:

What an excellent day.
[post="124756"][/post]​

Top day indeed! and the Crows won as well, which made up for the miserable weather, and my leaving early to get to the footy :D .

How did Amac's beer really turn out in the end? And just how many cooks were there??
[post="124758"][/post]​

Kai said:
He reached his target gravity despite having 40L in the kettle. No idea what the wort itself was like though.

So all up we had five brewers, made six brews at probably around 120-150 litres of wort. And a lot of beer.
[post="124760"][/post]​
AMacs beer what can we say?

He was so drunk that he forgot to add the molasses and added peanut butter instead. We think it will turn out similar to the Monk's Spiced Lager.

For the record, I've not posted to this site all godamn day. I've not relationship with Kenny, nor with boots, even tho he cracks on to me constantly.

As for premi sparging - that was JSB's fault.

As for forgetting maolasses, that was mine. And peanut butter was not involved.

Lesson learnt, never have auto login set on PC when pissed brewer any maniacing my computer.

All in all - a great BBD - cheers to all involved. I pissed!!!!

AMac.

PS - Boots - I'll sort you out later!!!!!

Cheers for the hospitality mate. Thanks to everyone for the good beers, particularly to those that brought kegs. I need some of those little 23l units, they are very nice. Where did you get them Dicko?

Don't worry Anthony, we know the truth mate.

Yep, it really was a great day, with some really nice beers that the different guys brought along.

Was good to get a brew in, and it's surprisingly entertaining getting a group of guys brewing at the same time. My Poor Richard's is cooling slowly in the laundry.

Thanks again for your hospitality Anthony.

Cheers

Boots

Took a reading this morning and found an OG 1.063. Close-ish. Given the number of cooks, the broth may just turn out OK. I compared with steves wort and can definately taste the difference given the absence of molasses. Oh well - all is well when beer is the result.

You could probably get away with still adding molasses now, anthony. Unless you'd rather leave it out.

Considered that. PErhaps I'll boil some up in a litre or less of water. Can't imagine just glooping it in would be the best technique. Even better, starter wort.

Latest posts

Back