Bigbrew Day At Anthonymac's

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AnthonyMac said:
PS - when are we going to have some photos on line, Kai?
[post="124844"][/post]​
Steve should have some good pics too. I think there may even be video of the ghost of brews past.

The audio on that should be good.

Photos are uploading now.

Nice work!

I'm pretty embarrased of that photo of me and the dog. My glass was empty! :unsure:

Aaron said:
Nice work!

I'm pretty embarrased of that photo of me and the dog. My glass was empty! :unsure:
[post="124898"][/post]​

looks like the dog was pretty full though :D

don't worry mate, your empty glass is a classic example of the exception that proves the rule :lol:

awrabest, stu

Looks like a top day :)

I'll have to bust out the camera and encourage stupidity at my brewday next month. Can't let you SA boys put us to shame.

At least until I left, the reality was a lot more smooth, and dare I say it, sober, than some of the posts have suggested.

I take my hat off (yes aaron, that hat, to the 5 guys who chose to brew.

I was very impressed by the calmness with which the majority of brews were conducted (I left as Anthony's was only getting started :p ).

When I brew alone, I am generally much more stressed than these guys seemed to be in semi public glare.

Perhaps I have to seriously review my rule of not drinking until the last hop edition has been added <_< .

That's a terrible rule and should be abolished, stu.

The thing I found is that with four or five brews going on at once you don't have a bunch of brewers sitting around staring at you while you brew, so you retain a little more anonymity. That can help ease the tension, I reckon. Having other people around you brewing is also relaxing, in a way. It gets the group vibe going.

i agree with Kai, it's a shocking rule Stu
you have to drink beer while you brew to get your beerbuds aligned.

Kai said:

I am beginning to agree, especially if the brew is an American Indian Pale Ale that required dry hopping in the secondary :blink: , jeez I can get thirsty with one of those :lol:

sorry for any thread hijack Amac.

What a wonderfull day, everything went very smoothly for the most part although I do remember after anythony and I were the last two standing and I suggested we play eight ball with a crossbow (cue stick and ocky strap) only for anythony to get wounded in action.
Some great beer was sampled well into excess by many, you know you must be having a great beer day when even the ghost of beer past makes a apperance but going by kai's photo i'am not sure if we have any real evidence of his existance.

All the wort production seemed to go well and boots tried his hand for the first time at the dump all the sparge liquor on top of the mash sparging method. I tried the botcholism method for the first time.

Anyway it certainly was a awesome event, thanx go to the host and to everyone for making it great.

The ghost of beer past says 'next question'.

Alcohol fueled brewtality.
Jayse

wee stu said:
Kai said:

I am beginning to agree, especially if the brew is an American Indian Pale Ale that required dry hopping in the secondary :blink: , jeez I can get thirsty with one of those :lol:

[post="124993"][/post]​

I've always thought that rule was madness. You need to be at one with the beer, inside and out.

As for thread hijack, that's OK - I didn't start this one. Speaking of which - Boot's car has been at my place since Saturday. Must say - didn't realise a festiva could do 180kph, but can when you push it hard enough.

They can actually go faster than that - it all depends on the height of the cliff though. Obviosuly the one you pushed it off wasn't that high.

Sounds like you had a great day, I hope everyone who did Big Brew Day submitted their stats to the AHA website!

All done. Totals were:

40gall brewed (150ltres)
6 batches
15 participants (not including my dogs).

When it comes to other totals posted so far, we are pretty up there. Closest to yesterday was 35gal.

Well done boys! Also, one not menioned thus far - cheers to Dicko for cooking up the bbq!! Sure, the snags had a certain ground-like flavour to them, but thoroughly enjoyed nonetheless.

Leader thus far on the AHA site.

gallons: 447 | batches: 45 | participants: 81

Thats the american's for ya!

AnthonyMac said:
wee stu said:
Kai said:

[post="124993"][/post]​

I've always thought that rule was madness. You need to be at one with the beer, inside and out.

As for thread hijack, that's OK - I didn't start this one.

OK, OK - for today's wee bru day at wee stu's brury, I changed the rule.

This time I didn't have a beer until after the yeast waws pitched :eek:

Is that better?

wee stu said:
This time I didn't have a beer until after the yeast waws pitched
Is that better?
[post="125126"][/post]​

The ghost of beer past says 'next question' :eek:

And Linz is the only other Aussie site to have bothered filling in stats so far. tut tut.

Sorry I missed this one. Next time if you want to set records let me know and we may be able to use this 150L brewery.

Tim

Brewery.jpg

Latest posts

Back