Beerfest 2016 - Melbourne Brewers 26-27 Feb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yob said:
No it hasn't, but that isn't the point.

We've certainly had gushers, infected, well over carbed bottles and the fact remains that just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't happen.

I'm a firm believer in minimising risks and dangers. Nobody can say there isn't a risk, so what's the solution that we all get home safely with all our eyes?
I agree wholeheartedly with you. I think wrapping bottles is a great idea. Just wondering if an event had lead to your precautions being implemented.

Yob said:
we have a current solution to the wrapping issue in that at entry, all bottles will have a gauze fitted to them, its a temporary solution IMO as shards would still become projected. So rather than confuse It's up to the individual to ensure that their entries comply with the competition rules and regulations (and don't explode on the stewards)
Erm, don't want to sound pedantic, but what are the rules? I can't find them except for the following: "Two Entries are permitted per major category, one entry per style. Entries to be at least 500ml and preferably a single bottle"

There are no stubbies accepted, no 750ml champagne bottles accepted. All bottles must fit in a crate without protruding so another crate can sit on top evenly.

You forgot; all brewers must wear pants unless they have a certificate of exemption.

manticle said:
You forgot; all brewers must wear pants unless they have a certificate of exemption.
What about my self-declared mankini-with-safety-glasses excemption?

OK, I'm a little confused here...

I've skydived nude... :super:

I've Ski'd nude on Bourke St. at Mt. Buller (in winter, of course!).. :beerbang:

I've done a few other things without clothes-on that would defy credulity that will not be discussed here.... B)

Why can't I serve beers to judges at Beerfest scantily-clad without an exemption certificate? :(

Who's going to issue me one?????

First of all; overuse of punctuation marks of any variety earns you a penalty. You must brew 5 batches in kinglake winter: pantless, shirtless and shoeless. You will be ineligible to enter the resulting beer in any vic comp.
Secondly; yob's interpretation of 'must wear pants' as 'must not' means brewing tackle debris likely exists in every champagne bottle, bound to gush. Wrap that shit in rubber: not plastic, my friends.

What about champagne bottles that are under 300mm high and under 90mm diameter?

manticle said:
overuse of punctuation marks of any variety earns you a penalty. P,u.n:c;t"u'a!t~i`o?n NAZI!!

You must brew 5 batches in kinglake winter: pantless, shirtless and shoeless. No ******* way, Jose! I have be allowed to wear sandals, at least....(I have severe osteoarthritis in both feet)? Otherwise, I'm up for the challenge & will provide photographic evidence. Ner-ner!

You will be ineligible to enter the resulting beer in any vic comp. Why should the results of such extreme-brewing parameters/challenges be ineligible? Hmm..?

His quote will last longer than you'll last as a moderator on AHB..he he.. :p

Beard notwithstanding.. ;)

My role as mod here will hopefully not be the peak point of my clean shaven life.

Hi All,

Just a reminder to get your entries in (paid for) and bottles delivered to home brew shops by next Saturday at noon.

It's a great event to come along to for the whole weekend or just to drop in to check on proceedings. Beers coming back from the judging tables are generally passed around for tasting. Judging sessions are Fri night, Sat morning and Sat afternoon. Royal George also has an excellent beer list on tap as well as great food.

Cheers

Mudd

Latest posts

Back