Melbourne Brewers Beerfest 2017

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very much appreciate the effort that goes in to organising, hosting and running the event. Nice to meet the friendly and informed Melbourne Brewers and some familiar faces thereof. I was so full of food and beer (and the thought of driving home to East Gippsland) the head went down around 10.30 pm.

Thanks to everyone involved!

droid said:
Very much appreciate the effort that goes in to organising, hosting and running the event. Nice to meet the friendly and informed Melbourne Brewers and some familiar faces thereof. I was so full of food and beer (and the thought of driving home to East Gippsland) the head went down around 10.30 pm.
Thanks to everyone involved!
Good to see you again Jon, what time did you end up leaving?

Thanks for being involved again mate, Stirling effort

Yob said:
Good to see you again Jon, what time did you end up leaving?
Thanks for being involved again mate, Stirling effort
You too Jesse, cheers mate. Love your unrelenting passion for a project!

Left around 6.15 am, dropped Landon off, got lost in the city because I had an argument with the Navigation System ... and home for lunch with a few food & coffee stops on the way.

DU99 said:
and RIS was wonderful..Thanks
Sure thing Steve, good to see you and the missus there too, thanks for coming up and helping out mate, took the pressure off enough so I'm not limping too bad today.

See ypu at the next one :)

Thanks for the great day all, had to leave early Sunday morn as my leave pass only extended to midnight Sat technically. Enjoyed the day judging and meeting some new people. Sampled plenty of great beers both in the comp and in the evening from those who brought various brews to share.
Cracking venue and the dinner Sat night was a highlight. Thanks to all who organised!

I'm not complaining and I'm sure there is a good reason but can anyone tell me why prizes aren't announced before the event? Being involved in a brew club I understand that they are completely run by people who give generously of their time and as I don't offer any of my time I am happy to let you guys continue to run it as you see fit but if at all possible it would be great to know what you were in the running to win before you entered.

So in completely unrelated business when do you think the prizes for the different categories will be announced?

I don't think the prize list was finalised till quite late this year, by the time it was, our minds were on other gates

Yob said:
I don't think the prize list was finalised till quite late this year, by the time it was, our minds were on other gates
So any chance of finding out what the prizes are now that they are finalized? Although given I'm generating a lot of traffic to your website by checking on it a couple of times a day maybe you should keep me in the dark a little longer and up the rates you charge for the advertising.

if you are on the book of faces, melbourne brewers has a public page, be a good place to ask and get it from the source, Im not sure what you enetred or who your sponsor is (could even be me)

Anyone know if/when scoresheets are posted out to competitors, and what about 1st, 2nd and 3rd medals?

I believe the prizes will be sent out following this months club meeting (or before) if clubs/individuals dont attend to collect (I presume you wont be present based on your location)

Score sheets are live on compmaster and can be downloaded or printed at your leisure, I assume you registered your entries there as we dont do paper/offline entries anymore

Hop this is helpful

Latest posts

Back