Beerfest 2016 - Melbourne Brewers 26-27 Feb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Compmaster not so ready? Had this issue this morning...

SNAG_Program-0325.png

Hi John. You need to login first. Or sign up. On right hand side of screen

mudd said:
Hi John. You need to login first.
Yeah, was just doing some testing and noted that, maybe something the system needs to manage more gracefully, "Please login first" error message :)

Have made compmaster admin aware of it. He won't be able to do anything about it straight away though.
In the mean time please bear with it.

mudd said:
Have made compmaster admin aware of it. He won't be able to do anything about it straight away though.
In the mean time please bear with it.
Yeah, I know he has his hands very full

I cant seem to find information on entry cut off dates, drop off locations and rules regarding number of entries per style/sub-style.

can anyone please assist.

the following copied from Compmaster

http://www.compmaster.com.au/page/instructions

Entries Open:

Mon, 11 Jan 2016, 12:00pm (Australia/Melbourne)

Entries Close:

Sat, 13 Feb 2016, 12:00pm (Australia/Melbourne)

Entry Fee:

$10.00 AUD

Multi Entry Discount (for second and subsequent entries):

$2.00 AUD

Entry Instructions:

There are two ways to enter your beers:
Online Entry

• Register your entries online at this site (click the "Enter Now..." link to the left)
  • Affix the label you are given after payment to the flat side of your bottle (covering the entire label with clear tape)
  • Drop your bottle off at your nearest drop off point.
Alternatively you can enter the old way:

• Download the entry form from here
  • Fill it out
  • Put the entry form and payment into an envelope and attach it to your bottle with a rubber band
Bottles without payment attached will not be accepted for registration, and can only be retrieved from the event venue.
Drop-off Details
Entries may be delivered to the following participating Victorian Home Brew Shops:
  • Grain & Grape, 5/280 Whitehall St., Yarraville 3013
  • Greensborough Home Brewing Supplies, 22 Louis Street. Greensborough 3088
  • The Brewer’s Den, 253 Dorset Road Boronia 3155
  • Brewers Choice, 1389 Healesville Road, Woori Yallock, VIC. 3139
  • Keg King, Warehouse 2 33-35 Smith Rd, Springvale, VIC, 3171
Postal entries are to be sent to The Brewers Den

timmi9191 said:
I cant seem to find information on entry cut off dates, drop off locations and rules regarding number of entries per style/sub-style.

can anyone please assist.
2 entries into a category substyle

for example, in specialty I could enter a wood aged and a fruit.

GrumpyPaul said:
the following copied from Compmaster

http://www.compmaster.com.au/page/instructions

Entries Open: Mon, 11 Jan 2016, 12:00pm (Australia/Melbourne)
Entries Close: Sat, 13 Feb 2016, 12:00pm (Australia/Melbourne)
Entry Fee: $10.00 AUD
Multi Entry Discount (for second and subsequent entries): $2.00 AUD
Entry Instructions: There are two ways to enter your beers:
Online Entry

• Register your entries online at this site (click the "Enter Now..." link to the left)
  • Affix the label you are given after payment to the flat side of your bottle (covering the entire label with clear tape)
  • Drop your bottle off at your nearest drop off point.
Alternatively you can enter the old way:

• Download the entry form from here
  • Fill it out
  • Put the entry form and payment into an envelope and attach it to your bottle with a rubber band
Bottles without payment attached will not be accepted for registration, and can only be retrieved from the event venue.
Drop-off Details
Entries may be delivered to the following participating Victorian Home Brew Shops:
  • Grain & Grape, 5/280 Whitehall St., Yarraville 3013
  • Greensborough Home Brewing Supplies, 22 Louis Street. Greensborough 3088
  • The Brewer’s Den, 253 Dorset Road Boronia 3155
  • Brewers Choice, 1389 Healesville Road, Woori Yallock, VIC. 3139
  • Keg King, Warehouse 2 33-35 Smith Rd, Springvale, VIC, 3171
Postal entries are to be sent to The Brewers Den

ooh er...

there is some discussion about no paper entries? possibly for subsequent comps... dunno, I heard chatter about it so don't take my word for it yet..

Thanks guys, I couldnt get into compmaster when I posted, now I can..

Yob said:
2 entries into a category substyle

for example, in specialty I could enter a wood aged and a fruit.
Just to clarify, Does that mean for pale lager its possible to submit two entries but each much be a different style? For example you can enter a german pils and bohemian pils, but not 2 german pils.

Have I got that right?

timmi9191 said:
Thanks guys, I couldnt get into compmaster when I posted, now I can..

Just to clarify, Does that mean for pale lager its possible to submit two entries but each much be a different style? For example you can enter a german pils and bohemian pils, but not 2 german pils.

Have I got that right?
This is correct

Not everything is completely up to date on this. Sorry I didn't know all these details were posted in Compmaster. They are conflicting with other information that has been put out. Some of this has been carried over from last year by the looks of it.
This will be clarified by the end of the week.

Cheers
Brendan Coffey
Competition Manager
Melbourne Brewers

ooh er...

there is some discussion about no paper entries? possibly for subsequent comps... dunno, I heard chatter about it so don't take my word for it yet..[/quote]

I'll get back to you about this. You can definitely enter via compmaster though.

fraser_john said:
Yeah, I know he has his hands very full
Thanks for the heads up.

I'd been hoping that I'd have the next version of CM ready for this, but plans went seriously awry with a death in the family among other delays.

This problem crops up occasionally for some. If you see the login box pop up on the left, even after you've already logged in, please use it to log in again and it should all be fine from there.

Regards,

Andy

Hi all,

Compmaster will be updated soon, as will the Melbourne brewers website.

Entry closing date has been extended to noon on 20th February. This will be a strict date/time.

There will be no paper based entries - all entries are to go through compmaster site. The link referred to above was for last years competition

Drop off points are
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Grain & Grape, 5/280 Whitehall St., Yarraville 3013[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Greensborough Home Brewing Supplies, 22 Louis Street. Greensborough 3088[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]The Brewer’s Den, 253 Dorset Road Boronia 3155[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Brewers Choice, 1389 Healesville Road, Woori Yallock, VIC. 3139[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Keg King, Warehouse 2 33-35 Smith Rd, Springvale, VIC, 3171[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Home Make It. 4/158 Wellington Rd, Clayton VIC 3168[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Home Make It. 265 Spring St, Reservoir VIC 3073, Australia[/SIZE]

Would it please be possible to drop off entries to the Royal George as we did last year? Makes far more sense for we locals :)

Cheers
Rhys

SergeMarx said:
Would it please be possible to drop off entries to the Royal George as we did last year? Makes far more sense for we locals :)

Cheers
Rhys
If they follow the guidelines, are entered on compmaster then they will be accepted.

Note to all.

If bottling in glass please gladwrap up to and including the neck of the bottle (not the lids) with labels on the outside so we can read them. I'll put a picture up of what I mean later if its difficult to understand.

Cheers Yob,

I have a style question - I'm entering a Berliner Weisse, and I have primed one with fruit cordial (not much, it's just a note) and the other with plain sugar. Is the syrup primed variant going to be out of style due to that? If so I'll submit the unfruity one

Cheers

only if its detectable and not within style, the following suggests that it may be OK

Flavour: Clean lactic sourness dominates and can be quite strong, although not so acidic as a lambic. Some
complementary bready or grainy wheat flavour is generally noticeable. Hop bitterness is very low. A mild
Brettanomyces character may be detected, as may a restrained fruitiness (both are optional). No hop flavour. No
diacetyl or DMS.

Latest posts

Back