• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Beerbelly Ss Hopscreen And Pickup Tube For Sale Or Trade

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I just don't need it, especially since I'm using hop pellets for almost every brew, and have no plans to buy any sort of chiller. At the end of the day it's just one more thing for me to clean. Cleaning is a big pain up here since I do everything in the bath-tub/shower. No yard, no hose... etc :) Shiny means nothing to me, the beer is everything.

That's all very much fair enough... I might have been one of the folks to recommend the hop screen on chat, but then I intentionally use at least one hop plug in almost every brew as they do a stellar job of screening out muck around the hop stopper without slowing the flow rate at all. That being said though the screen will happily let wort through with 30g or so of pellets only. I haven't tried it with more.

I could likely find somebody :) Sent off a quick email to the shop to see if they have them in stock. I've been wanting to brew an Anchor steam clone for a while, but haven't had much luck with the NB hops. I'm almost ready to just use Southern Cross instead, since I've read that can turn out quite nice.

Southern Cross is a very nice hop but I wouldn't consider it a sub for US northern brewer. My inclination would be a mix of German northern brewer and Pacific Gem. The german version has a very pleasant light minty flavour in my experience, and pacific gem adds a strong woody component along with an ephemeral blackcurrant aroma.

That's all very much fair enough... I might have been one of the folks to recommend the hop screen on chat, but then I intentionally use at least one hop plug in almost every brew as they do a stellar job of screening out muck around the hop stopper without slowing the flow rate at all. That being said though the screen will happily let wort through with 30g or so of pellets only. I haven't tried it with more.

Have used 250g of hop pellets in one batch and the hopscreen powered on, no slow in flow at all.

A trade has been worked out. Thanks guys.

Latest posts

Back