Beer Labels And Logos

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watch where you use that choc label argon. Cadbury owns the copywrite for purple. They will send the suits after you!!

:lol: haha... if they want to sue me for using purple for logo for a mate's beer that's infected... go for it. I used purple exactly for that reason... Cadbury trying to own a colour.... :lol: :lol:

Anyway found a good font today that i thought would suit my Amarillo Ale.... let's hope James Squires (Lion Nathan) doesn't come after me for this one

Amarillo_Golden_Ale.JPG

edit: Just found a spelling mistake on the label couldn't be arsed fixing it :rolleyes:

Here's a couple more labels for the tap tops.. latest batch of pilsner not sure which one i like best
Czech_Pilsner.jpg
Czech_Pilsner_Checkerboard.jpg

... and one more for the next batch to go down soon
Hop_Scotch_Scottish_IPA.jpg

Here's a couple more labels for the tap tops.. latest batch of pilsner not sure which one i like best
View attachment 36470
View attachment 36471

IMO the green one, the text is getting kind of lost on the red background, if you wanted to use that one I would try and get the text to stand clearer on top of it.
The green one is nice and simple, if I wanted to be picky I would say the seal and shield don't really match the rest of the label - but that's being picky!

IMO the green one, the text is getting kind of lost on the red background, if you wanted to use that one I would try and get the text to stand clearer on top of it.
The green one is nice and simple, if I wanted to be picky I would say the seal and shield don't really match the rest of the label - but that's being picky!

yep my thoughts exactly... I thought the checkerboard might have been a good look but doesn't quite work. The green one is really more of an Urquell knockoff, they have a seal and a crest. Not the same but close enough. I do like the simplicity if it though and the gradient works well.

As for the Scottish ipa I was planning an eglish ipa and thought Scottish might be better, just for the name really.

yep my thoughts exactly... I thought the checkerboard might have been a good look but doesn't quite work. The green one is really more of an Urquell knockoff, they have a seal and a crest. Not the same but close enough. I do like the simplicity if it though and the gradient works well.

As for the Scottish ipa I was planning an eglish ipa and thought Scottish might be better, just for the name really.

Make the seal green and it'll work.

Just been playing around with Illustrator, very raw at using the program, but managed to knock these up. Struggled to think of a name, ended up just using my sporting number as a base. Let me know what you think B) It probably needs more of the sort of standard info that you find on a beer, but didnt want to clutter it, was thinking of making a top label for that...

ps, Im copywriting the HexagonTM shape :p

edit: the colours seem to be a fair bit brighter than they look on my screen here... they arent supposed to look sick

BrewLabel_Golden_Ale.jpg

BrewLabel__Lagale.jpg

just been tooling about on mspaint. a rough as the dogs breakfast version of wat mine will look like.

beerlabel.JPG

Try adding a band under the checkerplate one like you have done with the green one. It will help the text to stand out and will
unclutter the label which i think is the problem at the moment. Maybe a Drop shadow for the band as well.

Here's one i've done up to go along with my Babbs Winter Warmer which i'm sampling now... come out nice and chocolatey... not too much coffee though... ah well more espresso in the next batch.

Double_Choc_Eised_Coffee_Oatmeal_Stout_Label_Brown.jpg

And here's one i did for an all Galaxy IPA... had a bit of time on my hands and started to play around with some illustration

Galaxy_IPA.jpg

one more for the Irish Red in the fermenter right now... nice little rip off from Notre Dame (just adjusted the colours to suit)

Irish_Red_Ale.jpg

erm... Is that an Italian-Irish Red Ale? Maybe you shoulda called it Hell's Kitchen? ;)

Here are three more. Three brilliant recipes from folk on this site.

An American IPA - fourstar's recipe.
prohibitionIPA.jpg

Manticle's robust porter - by manticle.
robust_porter.jpg

And screwy's irish red ale recipe
irishredale.jpg

erm... Is that an Italian-Irish Red Ale? Maybe you shoulda called it Hell's Kitchen? ;)
Nah... I think the colours get a little warped when on ahb. No red in this one... Hopefully only in the beer. :icon_cheers:

Bcp... Like the effect on the porter witht he image overlapping into the graphic. Looks simple, but sometimes these things can be real pain in the arse to achieve... Nice :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back