Beer Labels And Logos

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some VERY nice labels here.
Much better looking than my feeble efforts, but still fun to fiddle around with making them.

made this one for the lager we brewed on Australia Day:

Australia_Day_Lager_copy2.jpg

And this one for a beer that somehow turned out really sour/tart:
(got help from a mate at work with this one)

lemon_face_lager3.jpg

thanks
Bjorn

The latest additions to the stables. These Im hoping to add as magnets under or above the taps. May also try some specific lables for bottles.. There are some awesome lables out there at the moment. I think I need to learn how to use illustrator..

Fishbone_Double_Choc_Stout_copy.jpg

Fishbone_Imperial_Stout_copy.jpg

Fishbone_Logo_Amber_Ale_copy.jpg

Fishbone_Logo_Porter2_copy.jpg

anyone else find inskape incredibly hard to use?? So frustrating!!

anyone else find inskape incredibly hard to use?? So frustrating!!

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. :ph34r:

Just use the tutorials (Help > Tutorials) and then google anything that you don't know.

tried it.. maybe I just wasnt in the mood to sit and work it out...

ok knocked up a couple of labels for a Schwarzbier... haven't decided on the hop schedule... European... all Nobel Hops... 100% Hallertau

Schwarzbier_Black_Label.jpg

.... or American.... Chinook and Cascade

Schwarzbier_Blue_Label.jpg

Thoughts??

It puts me in mind of bands who argue over cover art before they've written the songs.

yep fair enough... probably just go for the American one anyway... cause they're the hops i have in stock.

Here's one i did for a brew from last week

ESB_Label.jpg

here's another one i did up for a mate... too bad it looks like this brew is infected

purple = chocolate

Double_Choc_Porter_Label_Purple.jpg

Hey argon,
They're looking really good. I dig that you've got design consistency and you're doing the multiple line work like the commercial labels.

Very nice.

Hey here is a label I made up tonight (well and last night to) Never used gimp befor and was having trouble figuring it out lol but I satisfied with the outcome would of been better with photo shop but gotto use what you have :p

logo.jpg

Hey here is a label I made up tonight (well and last night to) Never used gimp befor and was having trouble figuring it out lol but I satisfied with the outcome would of been better with photo shop but gotto use what you have :p

what software package did you use?

Yeah I used GIMP had a few problems creating colour circles and text but nothing google wont fix :p

Watch where you use that choc label argon. Cadbury owns the copywrite for purple. They will send the suits after you!!

Watch where you use that choc label argon. Cadbury owns the copywrite for purple. They will send the suits after you!!

pretty sure they lost that case. i think they ttok holden to court but it was tossed out. could be wrong tho

matt

pretty sure they lost that case. i think they ttok holden to court but it was tossed out. could be wrong tho

matt

Yep: www.theage.com.au/cadbury-loses-purple-case

I think Cadbury changed some of the fineprint on their advertising to suggest that the colour purple, in context with chocolate, blah blah blah, was Cadbury's signature. I could be wrong.

There's a similar thing with Kodak's yellow - although a guy named McAdam who work for/with Kodak developed that shade and so it was called McAdam's Yellow. Although, I'll be damned if I can google it: too much Rachel McAdams at the Kodak Theatre wearing yellow... :blink:

Back