Beer Labels And Logos

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stumbled across this very interesting design site. The guy obviously worked with the Gruen Transfer (as a guest designer maybe?) to come up with a full suite of beer labels for their TV show, and the pretend Gruen Beer.

But its a great insight into the design process. Well worth the look. And the labels he came up with are pretty good I reckon.

http://justcreativedesign.com/2008/10/30/t...r-label-part-1/

gruen-traditional-mockup.jpg

Cheers,
Jake

PS. Unfortunately though his lack of beer knowledge shines through with these clangers: :rolleyes:

"The beer is Double Hopped. (ie. how a beer can be an Ale, Bitter, Lager, etc.)"
"I should also mention that doubled hopped beer is usually more on the darker side and that is another reason why I pursued with this design."

And for the sake of completeness here's the Gruen Beer ad :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I just put illustrator and photoshop on my pc.
Can anyone send me some templates or something to fool around with as I have never used these programs before.

Cheers in advance

Reg

edit: spelling

I did these ones on Publisher:

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...p?showuser=9793

Took a while to get the template right and I am still experimenting with designs. The one I used was the "label" template (if you go into "templates when you first create a new document you will see what I mean). I chose the one closest suited to a beer type label and googled "publisher insert image" to work out how to get my images where I wanted them.

I can type up a bit of a how to if you like, gotta get back to work though :(

edit: ok so it's Create new doc (or whatever it's called)>templates>labels>sticker>avery3113
then I resized the circle shape manually and added my images etc

After trying to use some of these programs I have just given up as my heads really sore.

If someone can help it would be appreciated.

I really like Festers fermenting labels which were put up on page 12 of this thread in May 2006.

I would like something similar, with Grumpy's Brewhaus and a picture of something like Shrek.

Anybody able to assist a drawing deficient male.

Cheers
Reg

Thanks to warrenlw63 I now have a brewery logo and some labels to stick on different beers for case swaps etcREG_LOGO.jpg

Thanks for the time and effort Warren

Cheers
Reg
Now I just have to work out how to attach it to my signature line

Hey my pleasure Reg :) ... Anybody who supposedly looks like Shrek can use all the help they can get. :D

Warren -

I've recently discovered Green Bullet hops and have fallen in love with them, and with such a cool name I thought I'd make a beer lable. I couldn't have done it without the inspiration I got from all of the other cool lables in this thread.
Ditto. I'm brewing an IPA with Green Bullet - a NZ hop - for a challenge so I figured I'd name it appropriately (tongue-in-cheek). Actual file is crystal clear (SVG), but I added a non-vector graphic element, so I can't really resize well for the forum. My first attempt at a label:

Edit: colours seem a bit different to what I have locally. Also, the bottling date is a placeholder - it's still in the fermenter.

UPE_small.jpg

I just wanted to say Franko, your work is nothing but amazing. I personally have photoshop, but have not a clue on how you produce those sensational logo's.

Cheers,
AussieGuy

I just wanted to say Franko, your work is nothing but amazing. I personally have photoshop, but have not a clue on how you produce those sensational logo's.

Cheers,
AussieGuy

He's a master alright,and he creates what you want from an explanation, truly amazing.
One of his very early creations was my Batz logo,I'm one eyed yes, but I still think it's one of his best.

1Batz_label.jpg

Franko I've had this logo for years now and consider it my own but would you allow me to enter in in the BYO label comp.? .
You as creator of course.

Batz

He's a master alright,and he creates what you want from an explanation, truly amazing.
One of his very early creations was my Batz logo,I'm one eyed yes, but I still think it's one of his best.

View attachment 25946

Franko I've had this logo for years now and consider it my own but would you allow me to enter in in the BYO label comp.? .
You as creator of course.

Batz

Batz I'm more than happy for you to enter it mate still to this day its one of my favorites I remember having a few beers the night I created it and woke up next morning and looked at the pc and went "geez I must drink and design more often"

Franko

Back