Beer Labels And Logos

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all.

I'm looking for some constructive criticism & feedback for a label that I have designed for my house brew.
I am aiming to have these printed on something waterproof, possibly vinyl, so that the batch of bottles will be kept & re-used over and over again.

beer_label_bitter_feedback.jpg

What do you reckon?

(Image quality is not too crash hot in the preview but is fine if you take look at the bigger picture)

Cheers
Mick.

Here's one of mine that I did up for a Wee Heavy that was my first AG BIAB attempt. Turned out a great brew, so the label was worth the effort. I normally just print my labels on a sheet of Avery stickers 30mmx50mm,

eg.-
screaming_eagle3.jpg

but for this one, I did up a jpeg on CS4 and got them printed at Big W for 15c ea. These were then stuck on with an industrial spray adhesive that was extra tacky ( hobby glue didnt tack quick enough, and I found the spray at work)

Wee_Heavy_sml.jpg

Here's one of mine that I did up for a Wee Heavy that was my first AG BIAB attempt. Turned out a great brew, so the label was worth the effort. I normally just print my labels on a sheet of Avery stickers 30mmx50mm,

eg.-
screaming_eagle3.jpg

but for this one, I did up a jpeg on CS4 and got them printed at Big W for 15c ea. These were then stuck on with an industrial spray adhesive that was extra tacky ( hobby glue didnt tack quick enough, and I found the spray at work)

Wee_Heavy_sml.jpg

Those logos are excellent & I wish I had your talent mate.
Too good to get a cheap print job when Warb will give you an excellent deal & does an excellent job of work.
No affiliation yadda, yadda, yadda.

TP

Nah mate... Never used rye before but had a couple of commercial examples. I posted the recipe in the what are you brewing thread the other day (no linky, on iPhone) it's based on bconnery's rye esb. He and dr smart suggested that 20% rye would be good, inclusive of caramel rye. Sounds delicious and hopping it like a landlord. Looking forward to it.

Thanks for the feedback too. I like to keep them simple so they can be read from a distance on the decal holder above the taps. Somehow I get that colour combination and the distressed graphics when I think of Rye... Dunno why.

Hey all,
This is a draft of a logo for my brewery .
I know it needs something else but I am kinda stuck for ideas any ideas are appreciated.

Brewery_Logo_Draft.jpg

Cheers Stu

one for both dogs;

Murdoch__Label_double_reduced.jpg

and one or the pale ale.
Murdoch__Label_PaleAle_reduced.jpg

Here are a few more ideas which ones do you guys like. Im going for something a little more modern
All comments welcome

Brewery_Logo_Draft.jpg Brewery_Logo1.jpg Brewery_Logo2.jpg

Cheers Stu

I like the third one. That common B thing is confusing for a simple bloke like me.

Yeah i agree with Josh.. the shared "B" is a little hard to read.

I like the sketchy outlines of the glasses and the distressed version of the red... but i'd be trying to have a congruous link to the rest of the label, including the text.

Other than that the colour combo is a little to high on the contrast ratio... have a look here for some inspiration and some cool suggestions of colour combinations.

Sorry if this has come across harsh or anything.. not trying to be... just hard to critique and advise on a forum without coming across as an ass.

Argon all critiques are welcome my partner hates them all she doesn't like the modern look.
thanks for the site I will check it out.

Edit: very quick play
Very simple but why do things need to be complicated

Brewery_Logo3.jpg

Cheers Stu

That last one is your best one. I'd probably reduce the size of the glasses slightly. Also the pictures you are posting are very compressed (probably an AHB thing?) Can you post a higher quality one elsewhere?

try this one for better resolution i only create them small so they wont blow up to a big size very well.

BreweryLogo3.jpg

yeah that looks better.

you should always make them in a high resolution so they print better.

Back