Beer Labels And Logos

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Argon, your labels are really coming along superbly if I may say so. Keep up the good work! :icon_cheers:

Needs balls and a 'not just for girls' reference. It's in the bag (pun intended)

I have no time argon so you'll have to put it together. I want a reassuring masculine cider label (power tools optional) that retains a certain progressive element and doesn't simply speak yob (although we all have an inner yob).

Ever heard the "Dickens Cider" sketch?

'Dickens Cider' could make a great logo/label!

Needs balls and a 'not just for girls' reference. It's in the bag (pun intended)

I have no time argon so you'll have to put it together. I want a reassuring masculine cider label (power tools optional) that retains a certain progressive element and doesn't simply speak yob (although we all have an inner yob).

sounds like a nice little challenge... i'll have to put some thought into that. First thought's are something to do with adam and eve and the serpant... then all i could think of was Salma Hayek in From Dusk 'till Dawn :icon_chickcheers:

Argon, your labels are really coming along superbly if I may say so. Keep up the good work! :icon_cheers:

Thanks mate... i think i may have made a bit of work for myself though.

I bought 4 of these for the taps (the trap of being able to wander through the bits and pieces at Craftbrewers :rolleyes: )

df.jpg

and now i HAVE TO make a new label for each batch... i rarely do the same recipe more than once, except for a couple of house batches. So every time i want to brew i make up a a new label... which is also why they're all round.

I try to keep them fairly simple and mostly text so they can be read at a reasonable distance, as they're quite small once printed, laminated and mounted... but wouldn't mind adding a bit more illustration in the future. Had planned to do generic labels like the ones in my sig... but enjoy the creativity of individual labels.

Here is the label for our Fresh Wort Kits being released shortly - Big thanks to Franko for the art work.

CraftbrewerWortLabelemail.jpg

cheers Ross

argon, I have the same label holders. I bought some printable magnetic A4 sheets from office works and I intend to cut out blank cirles and glue them to the holders face down so that the magnetised back is showing forwards. Then I can print out circular logos and they will magnetise to the holders (back to back fridge style magnets attract each other). Should be a good system.

Now I just need some logos that don't look like arse.

argon, I have the same label holders. I bought some printable magnetic A4 sheets from office works and I intend to cut out blank cirles and glue them to the holders face down so that the magnetised back is showing forwards. Then I can print out circular logos and they will magnetise to the holders (back to back fridge style magnets attract each other). Should be a good system.

Now I just need some logos that don't look like arse.

Magnets would be good... just make sure the labels are waterproof... i've made a couple where i cut the laminate a bit close to the paper and the tiniest amount of water got in a bled the ink, ruining the label.

What i do to mount the labels is;
Print 6 labels to an a4 page which resizes them perfectly (by coincidence) to the decal holder.
Then cut out each individual label.
Then laminate all 6 into a single laminate pouch ('er indoors is a teacher so have the resources)
Then cut out the laminated labels leaving a small edge on the laminate
2 or 3 bits of blu-tak on the decal holder and the labels stick right to it and don't move or come off.

Comes up a charm... i have the holders at a 45degree angle so the handle doesn't obscure the view and i can get my hand around the handle...

Only thing i found with the holders is when you mount them they sit over the locking ring to the shank and it's a bit awkward to tighten it up... takes a bit of fiddling about but awkward nonetheless.

I'll do up a couple of labels for you if you want... let us know what you're brewing and what you're thinking... doesn't take long to knock one out.

Here's a cider label I remember from teenage times ... god only knows what it tasted like , I don't think that was considered important at the time :eek:

cripplecockfarmyardscrumpy.jpg

Here are my last three labels.

A Samuel Adams Boston Lager-style recipe gone more hersbrucker in the hops department.
boston.jpg

Completely over-the-top for my first belgian golden strong ale.
duvel.jpg

And trying out a square format for a delirium tremens attempt.
hoogstraten.jpg

Here are my last three labels.

A Samuel Adams Boston Lager-style recipe gone more hersbrucker in the hops department.
View attachment 40821

Completely over-the-top for my first belgian golden strong ale.
View attachment 40822

And trying out a square format for a delirium tremens attempt.
View attachment 40823

Love the neoclassic/renaissance/international gothic artwork in there... gives a whole new depth to the label. Cropping and layering works really well

Delirium Tremens is most definitely my fav Belgian... gotta let me know the recipe and how it turns out... and which 3 yeast you're going to use. :icon_cheers:

just finished off this one... gonna pitch the second cube of this tonight. Gave my second last pint or so to Manticle fot Xmas in July lotto... was just starting to come really good... missed entering it into QABC.

Baltic_Porter.jpg

clone label for a clone brew

English_Special_Bitter_label.jpg

original

timothytaylorlandlord.jpg

yes... lately i've got a bit of time on my hands :rolleyes:

Ive done the 97% MO and 3% caraaroma

What's your clone recipe for the landlord?

After a heap of reading and a couple of attempts... this is the one i'll be doing in a month or so once i get my hands on some 1469. Without doing some caramelization this seems to be the consensus on what would get you close.

Recipe is for a double batch... but proportions and IBU remain the same

BeerSmith Recipe Printout - http://www.beersmith.com
Recipe: Landlord
Brewer: Argon
Asst Brewer:
Style: Extra Special/Strong Bitter (English Pale Ale)
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (35.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 41.00 L
Boil Size: 43.01 L
Estimated OG: 1.050 SG
Estimated Color: 22.4 EBC
Estimated IBU: 32.2 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 70.00 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
9.94 kg Ale - Golden Promise TF (6.3 EBC) Grain 96.98 %
0.31 kg Caraaroma Malt (Weyermann) (400.0 EBC) Grain 3.02 %
30.00 gm Fuggle [7.70 %] (90 min) Hops 14.1 IBU
45.00 gm East Kent Goldings [4.80 %] (50 min) Hops 11.7 IBU
45.00 gm Styrian Goldings [5.00 %] (15 min) Hops 6.4 IBU
1 Pkgs (Wyeast Labs #1469) Yeast-Ale

Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Medium Body, Batch Sparge
Total Grain Weight: 10.25 kg
----------------------------
Single Infusion, Medium Body, Batch Sparge
Step Time Name Description Step Temp
60 min Mash In Add 26.97 L of water at 75.8 C 67.8 C
10 min Mashout Heat to 75.6 C over 2 min 75.6 C

Notes:
------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting. I've done a recipe which I've been told is a lot like a landlord.

Base malt was marris otter (floor malted ideally)
Then 250gm Cara aroma
60gm carafa special T1.

This is for a 20L batch.

I'd maybe recommend putting a little bit of carafa t1 in there, maybe only 20g or 30g. Just gives a touch of colour and character without needing to caramalise.

With my one above chappo asked me if I'd caramalised it because he was picking that up, but I hadn't and I only mashed for 60 and boiled for 60. Chappo may have just been being polite though! haha.

:icon_offtopic: Ive got that in the fermenter as we speak. Sitting around 19-20 on Thames Valley II

I recon if you're gonna clone the beer why not clone the label ...

Lefte.jpg Meantime__10.jpg
Sienken.jpg Strumer_Pils.jpg
The_Landlord__s_Ale.jpg Pellegringo.jpg

ghhb

Latest posts

Back