Beer Labels And Logos

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plus a couple of my own ...

Bang_Shang_Alang.jpg Two_Fat_Cats.jpg

ghhb

ghhb those labels look excellent... i bet they look really good above all those taps... i've seen the photos of your brewhaus... those little touches make all the difference.

well here's the label for my first 3V i did the other week. Recipe inspired by LC Roger's...

Cascade_Mild.jpg

i've got to stop making these and do something a little more productive... like brewing!!!... but then i'd have to make another label...

the viscous circle continues :blink:

doing a Kolsch now cause didn't have time enough before our oktoberfset to do a pilsner... just add a bit of wheat and back off the IBU.. sould be just about right.

clone
K_lsch.jpg

original
kolsch.jpg

Here's some I chucked together. argon created the template for me, I recreated it in illustrator so that I could edit it easier etc so now all I have to do is change the beer name, the colour of the circle, and the background picture girl. Should be able to whip them up quickly now.

beer_labels.jpg

Cheers argon!

Here's some I chucked together. argon created the template for me, I recreated it in illustrator so that I could edit it easier etc so now all I have to do is change the beer name, the colour of the circle, and the background picture girl. Should be able to whip them up quickly now.

View attachment 41167

Cheers argon!

Looks good Mark… really liked your concept… I think they come up really well.

Nice pinups too… love the Super Pride one, nice tie in with the Aussie flag. POR no doubt?
:icon_chickcheers:

Actually mate funnily enough I used Super Pride as the bittering hop! But I did like the name, it's sort of a piss-take on aussie megaswill.

How do you guys print out your labels, are there any good Avery sticky labels or something that are a good size?

I have used Avery's Removable Labels before, they are 99.1 x 38.1 mm but are not all that happy with them.
-they are not all that removable when wet
-they are a bit small

And the toner seems to not really "stick" to them, if I rub the label it looses particles of colour so the white label shows.
But that might just be the printer I use, of course.

thanks
Bjorn

I've been using magnetic paper and I'm very happy with it. Not sure on the water proofness of them yet. Next time I print some out I'm going to put some test patterns in the dead space so I can do some tests on its durability. I'm not intending these to get wet either way though.

I made some more and changed some existing ones a bit etc.

View attachment 41463

hey mate nice touch ups on the labels... i see you've reprised your illustrator skillz for the amendments... hopefully you've been able to find a later version.

I've been considering stealing a couple of these for use on the taps at home :icon_chickcheers: should be a good way to annoy the Mrs :p

Nah I've still got CS1 but I remade the label from scratch in CS1 and locked most of the objects and learnt a whole lot along the way. Now it's all sorted and I can just chuck the picture in the right spot and send to back. Then I change the text and make it the right size and then change the colours on the ring. Pretty easy. I do most of the work in photoshop touching up the low-res imagines. They look heaps better printed. That JPEG above is highly compressed and the colours went fluoro for some reason.

By the way the Orchard Pale Ale is your LCPA recipe. Still yet to keg it. Was about to on Friday night then got a call from work

Nah I've still got CS1 but I remade the label from scratch in CS1 and locked most of the objects and learnt a whole lot along the way. Now it's all sorted and I can just chuck the picture in the right spot and send to back. Then I change the text and make it the right size and then change the colours on the ring. Pretty easy. I do most of the work in photoshop touching up the low-res imagines. They look heaps better printed. That JPEG above is highly compressed and the colours went fluoro for some reason.

By the way the Orchard Pale Ale is your LCPA recipe. Still yet to keg it. Was about to on Friday night then got a call from work

yeah colours go weird when you upload to AHB.

Careful with your use of illustrator making labels... you'll become addicted like me!
Labels.jpg

too many labels... not enough beers

Still hangin' out for a decent APA or AIPA around here... hope you like the "orchard ale"... if it's horrible, it's not my fault :ph34r: if it's awesome i'll take all credit of course :lol:

Here's one for the next batch i'll be doing shortly

Rye_ESB_Label.jpg

How do you guys print out your labels, are there any good Avery sticky labels or something that are a good size?

I have used Avery's Removable Labels before, they are 99.1 x 38.1 mm but are not all that happy with them.
-they are not all that removable when wet
-they are a bit small

And the toner seems to not really "stick" to them, if I rub the label it looses particles of colour so the white label shows.
But that might just be the printer I use, of course.

thanks
Bjorn

Get Warb to make them for you

Another one for a Belgian Blonde i finished off recently and plan to do again and age for a while.

Belgian_Blonde.jpg

For some reason this one is my favourite, I like this generic style label for the home taps. Also have a stack of others I did using 1940s pinup art.

nelson.png

Back