Beer Labels And Logos

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto. I'm brewing an IPA with Green Bullet - a NZ hop - for a challenge so I figured I'd name it appropriately (tongue-in-cheek). Actual file is crystal clear (SVG), but I added a non-vector graphic element, so I can't really resize well for the forum. My first attempt at a label:
800 x 431 (886.09K)<script type=text/javascript> //

Wanna chup Quantum Bro?

After tinkering and more additions.. I have the latest additions to the stables.....

Was thinking of doing up some coasters.

As for labels, how do you guys stick them on the bottles?

And one more question, Ive seen some of you have a rotating series of your logos in your signature, can anyone tell my how that is done???
They look great Matt. I love the idea of the same design with different colours. Would look tops on a 5 tap font.

Here's my label for this years Anzac Ale.
Have gone for the "sandy" theme and I reckon it works pretty well.

Anzac_Ale_2009_MK2.jpg

Still tweaking it here and there but pretty much good to go.

Wambesi, that is brilliant.

Here's my latest pathetic attempt. Haven't been arsed doing labels lately.

This is for my Village Idiot Medieval Amber... the new name fits in the label better though...

wasp_tail_ale.jpg

Thanks to warrenlw63 I now have a brewery logo and some labels to stick on different beers for case swaps etcView attachment 25160

Thanks for the time and effort Warren

Cheers
Reg
Now I just have to work out how to attach it to my signature line

Warren also done mine which is down in the right hand corner.

He also does all my case swap labels and has come up with a pearler for this weeks swap

Rook

These are my first labels I did up, I spent a bit of time doing the ribbons and surrounding detail, and then I've just swapped out the images\text depending on the brew, that way I can reuse it in different variations. I can't take any credit for the images inside the logos as I stole them off google search and modified\combined them to my needs.

The first 2 are named after our cats :p
The last one is named after the nelson sauvin hops I used in the brew.

ebonyale.jpg

tiggeweizen.jpg

lordnelson.jpg

hahaha... Sexpanther... made from real bits of panther.... so you know it's good

great labels though sorry just first thing that jumped in to my head. I'll have to dig out some i have... a little abusive towards a mate of mine though, for a buck's party

Love the Lord Nelson one Wet wired

That is a classic

Pumpy :)

What sticker or stamp material do you use for labels. And is there a way of printing them so the ink from the print wouldn't run when wet by condensation? I love getting creative with photoshop cs4. But printing of quality labels might be difficult. how do they work out?

Here is one I designed on Inkscape for the AMB July case swap. Good fun to make, but took quite some time to get used to the software, but it is free, so I can't complain.

morphett_vale_creek_brewery__smoked_angry_dwarf_pale_ale2.png

I just printed mine out on 100gsm paper on an inkjet printer, cut out the label then applied it to the bottles with milk. It sticks quite nicely and comes off when soaked in water.

Crundle

Here is one I designed on Inkscape for the AMB July case swap. Good fun to make, but took quite some time to get used to the software, but it is free, so I can't complain.

Nice work, Crundle!
What software do you use? Is it free to download?
Like to give it a go.
c1b

c1b, the part you quoted from Crundle says that he uses Inkscape, :eek: .
I am looking at it now and you can download for free. Gimp is another you can download for free, I tried to use that but can't understand it at all. Might give the Inkscape a try.

If you can't understand Gimp, you won't understand Inkscape either. I'm fine with the GIMP, but Inkscape is beyond me. Maybe I just haven't given it enough time to learn it.

I just printed mine out on 100gsm paper on an inkjet printer, cut out the label then applied it to the bottles with milk. It sticks quite nicely and comes off when soaked in water.

Milk! i never would have thought of it. i will give it a shot.. better then scouring stickers off the ones reused

c1b, the part you quoted from Crundle says that he uses Inkscape, :eek: .
I am looking at it now and you can download for free. Gimp is another you can download for free, I tried to use that but can't understand it at all. Might give the Inkscape a try.

Ah, yeah, checked the forum between other office work! Should have read the post carefully!
unsure.gif

Anyhow, I'll check them out now. Thanks.
c1b

I've had this idea floating around in my head for a while, so I messed around with Inkscape, and came up with this:

Latest posts

Back