Beer And Brewer Expo May 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellerslie_hop

Reaction score
Hi All

Who is attending the Beer and Brewer Expo this week/weekend in Melbourne??

We have a stand in the trade area on Friday 21st May at Young and Jacksons so feel free to come by and see us in person.
Our team will answer any questions/enquiries and we will have our hops on show.

We hope to see you :icon_cheers:
Should be a good day - plus lots of beer to try through out the day :chug:

Cheers
Vanessa

I'll say hi, but since you've answered all the questions I had via email, I'll be visiting your office before then too. :)

silly noob question really....

Given this is the first time I've heard of the expo (given I only got into HB'ing this year) is it a noob attending ?

<awaits flaming>

Cheers

Given this is the first time I've heard of the expo (given I only got into HB'ing this year) is it a noob attending ?
Click the banner link at the top of the page "Beer Expo" for full details about the event.
It has 2 parts:
Thurs & Friday (daytime) - "Trade-only Expo"
Friday (night) & Saturday (daytime) - "Public Tasting Expo"

Given that I can't imagine too many members of the public wanting to taste Ellerslie's hops directly, they'll be part of the "Trade Expo".
A much better way to sample their hops is in the various beers on show as part of the "Public tasting Expo". :icon_chickcheers:

Thx Wolfy... yep I looked through that already... to be honest not too much more info on the site... even if you include the spelling and grammar errors.

I've been to heaps of expo's as an exhibitor and as a spectator, and I'm sorry but I still don't think that for $26 odd bucks and then to pay for each tasting is really worth it.... although I do walk away with a free 200ml plastic cup...

Thx Wolfy... yep I looked through that already... to be honest not too much more info on the site... even if you include the spelling and grammar errors.

I've been to heaps of expo's as an exhibitor and as a spectator, and I'm sorry but I still don't think that for $26 odd bucks and then to pay for each tasting is really worth it.... although I do walk away with a free 200ml plastic cup...

The trade expo on Friday at Young and Jacksons is free admission but yes the tasting/entry for the other parts does come at a cost.

This is our first time exhibiting so we are all new to this - I do believe it will be a good day.

Your plastic cup comment gave me a laugh!

Hi Ellerslie...,

Don't get me wrong... I reckon it'll be a ripper of a day, just maybe not where I am at at the moment... and as an exhibitor I know it can be an expensive day, so recovering the money somehow keeps the freeloaders away !

Hope you have a really great day... and hope the weather turns a bit more favourable than forecast !

I work in the city so I might just wonder on down... what time will you guys be there ?

Hi Ellerslie...,

Don't get me wrong... I reckon it'll be a ripper of a day, just maybe not where I am at at the moment... and as an exhibitor I know it can be an expensive day, so recovering the money somehow keeps the freeloaders away !

Hope you have a really great day... and hope the weather turns a bit more favourable than forecast !

I work in the city so I might just wonder on down... what time will you guys be there ?

It is from 11am to 4pm on Friday.
I would say we will be there slightly earlier but I guess the doors open around that time.

The forecast so far doesn't predict rain on Friday but then again when was the last time they got Melbourne weather right!!!!

I'll be there on saturday for the tasting.. mmmm :icon_drunk:

I'll be there on Sat with a couple of mates from Canberra.

Cheers :icon_cheers:

On the 7 am Friday from Sydney to Melb. leave noon Sunday, with Korev. Hope to meet old and new friends.

I'm heading down from Brisbane for the weekend. Looking forward to the public sessions and hoping there'll be plenty of other beery things to do for the rest of the weekend! :chug:

Cheers,
Kris.

Latest posts

Back