Ballarat local

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suthobsk

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've recently moved back to ballarat and brewing. Only done extract brews so far but I really want to go AG. Tosing up whether to go all out and buy a mash tun and brew kettle from Grain and Grape or rig one up myself. Any tips would be a big help!

Thanks
Marc

Gday chief,

I just did an AG BIAB brew day here, but it was complicated by other people and other factors...I am away in Melbs then Tassie for a while but we are catching up on July 14th....

... as per here: http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/72489-ballarat-sunday-14th-july/

I will maybe do a brew between now and then, but if not someone else might shout out...

Build a mini rig, it's cheap and easy

From there you can step upto a bigger setup in the future

For under $100 (depending on what equipment you already have) you could be doing half (12ltr) batches

Send me a PM if you want to have a look at my setup

welcome!
I'd go with the home-built option first. Always time to upgrade later.

Hi mate, welcome. I'm one of the blokes that made Lecters day hell, by drinking all his beer and asking silly questions :p

Thanks for the feed back guys.
I went and checked out Dave's rig the other day. It's got me all pumped to build my own!
Hopefully ill be able to come to the meet up this weekend.

slcmorro said:
Hi mate, welcome. I'm one of the blokes that made Lecters day hell, by drinking all his beer and asking silly questions :p
I hope he told you everything you need to know about Heidegger

manticle said:
I hope he told you everything you need to know about Heidegger
I learned a lot about some guy called Odin, the perils of Bum, Saison is the best beer ever and that if you don't have a beard, you're a stupidhead.

Latest posts

Back