Babbs Wild Brew Project

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I had my doubts about the starter, but everything appears to be go at the moment @ about 22 C, (hydro sample is going off!).

Well I had my doubts about the starter, but everything appears to be go at the moment @ about 22 C, (hydro sample is going off!).

I am going to have to wait til saturday for brewing this puppy. Bloody work, curse of the drinking class.

Cheers

Paul

Kegged off two fermenters tonight leaving my ferment fridge free, will be adding 500ml of the wort to the yeast bottle tomorrow morning and dropping it into the ferment fridge and then dependant on how long it takes to kick off, it'll be added to the bulk of the wort asap. Need to add some extra sugar at some stage too.

The brew has a nice foamy krausen going and is starting to pump CO2 out the blowoff tube into my jug of sanitiser.

Still @ 18deg...will hold for a day and let it slowly get up to 24 over the course of a week.

I'm wondering if I'll be cleaning yeast off the garage floor tomorrow morning :(

PB

The brew has a nice foamy krausen going and is starting to pump CO2 out the blowoff tube into my jug of sanitiser.

Still @ 18deg...will hold for a day and let it slowly get up to 24 over the course of a week.

I'm wondering if I'll be cleaning yeast off the garage floor tomorrow morning :(

PB

Dunno what I was worried about, freakin' stuff is escaping outta the airlock ;) .
Home popularity level drops even lower....

Dunno what I was worried about, freakin' stuff is escaping outta the airlock ;) .
Home popularity level drops even lower....
Yeah, I opened the fermenting fridge yesterday arvo to find the brew sitting at 22C and the yeast spitting out all over the inside of the fridge! I cleaned out the airlock and the lid and re-sanitised it all, only to find it had done the same thing this morning! Now our house smells of lovely Belgian fruitiness....

- Snow.

Yeah, I opened the fermenting fridge yesterday arvo to find the brew sitting at 22C and the yeast spitting out all over the inside of the fridge! I cleaned out the airlock and the lid and re-sanitised it all, only to find it had done the same thing this morning! Now our house smells of lovely Belgian fruitiness....

- Snow.

Yep, just finished cleaning up what looked like a baby poo volcano in the corner of the laundry. Thankfully I'd put a tray under it last night.

Yep, just finished cleaning up what looked like a baby poo volcano in the corner of the laundry. Thankfully I'd put a tray under it last night.

Are you still talking about brewing here Winkle? :lol:

How is everyones looking? 8 days after brewing I have a gravity of 1.030. Not good but not bad as it will leave something for the bugs to eat.

Approaching the 2 hour mark on the boil. :icon_cheers:

Cheers

Paul

How is everyones looking? 8 days after brewing I have a gravity of 1.030. Not good but not bad as it will leave something for the bugs to eat.
Keg cleaned, serviced and sanatised.....beer been chugging along for 4-5 days, held it at 18 for 2-3 days and have let it slowly rise to 22 deg today. It is still pumping out CO2 at a high rate.

I reckon it's 2/3 done so will wait a bit longer before taking hydro sample....

Can't wait to taste and get these beers into the barrel. :icon_drool2:

PB

Took the first sample of mine this morning and it is on 1040.

Can't remember the exact numbers but mine's down around the 1020 ish mark now.
I'll be kegging mine this weekend probably, especially as I've been "told" to brew today so I'll need to clear the brewing fridge.:)

1.025 after 6 days and still going strong. Accidently spilled a bit down my throat and its pretty good even now :icon_cheers: .

I picked up new yeast on Tuesday and pitched on Thursday (~300ml, no starter). Holding around 20 degrees now and still no visible sign of fermentation :-( . Wondering if I should wait or chuck in the 50-100ml of original yeast. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Kris.

I picked up new yeast on Tuesday and pitched on Thursday (~300ml, no starter). Holding around 20 degrees now and still no visible sign of fermentation :-( . Wondering if I should wait or chuck in the 50-100ml of original yeast. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Kris.

Pull off a hydro sample and you will probably see some slight activity. I was a bit concerned about the lack of activity before becoming more concerned about the increase in activity :blink: . It'll probably take off tomorrow.

Back