anybody bought this mill?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 2 roller miller? looks the same as what I have (got it from keg king) That one has an 2nd story upper level extention on the vat thingo so you could probable fill to 5kg.
I made an easy mount onto 20lt pail buckets. Take off the handle and attach a low speed drill. All good so far for me.

Yep, got that mill. It works a treat although I can't help but think that it won't last a lifetime. Still, if I get a year or two out of it, it's been worth the money. I just use the handle and I milled almost 6kg of grain in less than 10 minutes. Milled each grain type separately into a bucket and then gave the lot a good shake to mix it up.

Agree with BJB. unless you want to pay 70 bucks for a piece of wood get the cheaper 1 and make a base yourself. I have the version BJB posted (i bought from the same seller) and I can get about 7kg of grains in it. The mill itself works great. I am going to crack some grains soon and will post a small video of it in action.

4.6kg of grain
IMG_20151025_095831.jpg

IMG_20151025_100211.jpg

https://youtu.be/zjKqaxqBtnw

Yea, I admit, I did miss the stainless part :p not a big deal tho IMO..

My crush often has intact grains but give them a gentle squeeze and they turn to powder. In that state they're both absorbent and help with filtration. Not sure how you can tell they're not cracked from the pic.

butisitart said:
cheers for that! didn't spot it - and that's a huge price drop.

at$99 with a hopper? and with above advice?? sold. i can get 2 1/2 of these for a minimash that doesn't have a hopper. and if it wears out quickly, then i can do a re-think.
Comes with a handle too, you have to pay extra for that with some hit and miss expencive mills. ;)

Camo6 said:
My crush often has intact grains but give them a gentle squeeze and they turn to powder. In that state they're both absorbent and help with filtration. Not sure how you can tell they're not cracked from the pic.

+1

MHB has a sure fire way of checking the crush, he just takes a handful then rubs it firmly between his palms like the old timers used to to with their baccy, and if there are any uncracked grains they are quickly apparent. As posted above if the crush is ok then any intact looking grains actually disintegrate during the rub.

However I'd agree with Stu you might want to do the hand rub to check it out, I always do with my Marga crush.

I have been using mine for about 3 years with no issues. I have adjusted the gap a few times but this has lowered my efficiency. I would recommend the mill and would also recommend leaving it at the default setting.

BJB said:
Comes with a handle too, you have to pay extra for that with some hit and miss expencive mills. ;)
Like $378.95......Or $99.00. Not a difficult choice.

NealK said:
I have been using mine for about 3 years with no issues. I have adjusted the gap a few times but this has lowered my efficiency. I would recommend the mill and would also recommend leaving it at the default setting.
Neal it is not an original Barley Crusher but a knockoff.

Yes I have a barley crusher. 3 years old and 50 single batch brews in and still going strong.

Black n Tan said:
Neal it is not an original Barley Crusher but a knockoff.
Yes made in China, pays to ask where your mill is made, only the $$$$ change not the manufacturing country.

Latest posts

Back