Any Other Hobbies?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dog isn’t bad either.

Imagine how tough and chewy this sucker would be.
20170618_075724.jpg

Hmmmmm, I also dabble in PC/console gaming as well as drumming, running and cooking.. did I mention beer? Yes, beer.

Remote control cars. My second born son and I love to bash the rc cars. We've got 2, an Arrma typhon and a Arrma Kraton. Running these bad boys around is a bit of a hoot especially when we go away at easter and there's about 7 or 8 cars running around the BMX track. They can travel up to 100km an hour with the right gearing and battery. We just run them about the 60k mark and that is more than fast enough.

Remote control cars. My second born son and I love to bash the rc cars. We've got 2, an Arrma typhon and a Arrma Kraton. Running these bad boys around is a bit of a hoot especially when we go away at easter and there's about 7 or 8 cars running around the BMX track. They can travel up to 100km an hour with the right gearing and battery. We just run them about the 60k mark and that is more than fast enough.

100km an hour? Bloody hell!

Can't imagine there would be much left of an RC car if it hit a hard barrier at 100kph :) I have a hard enough time with trees with my drone at 60kph.

You must be that little guy I kept buzzing the other day, gotta practice on your throw :)

Jet SKi's are only good if you're riding them, FPITA if you're having a nap in a hammock

I seem to share a few same hobbies as some other members, I usually have a few on the go at any given time and work on wherever my motivation is at the time.

-Roasting coffee (built a convection oven type roaster, and currently have five coffee plants, one that has beans to harvest this year but to be honest they will produce nowhere near enough to supply our households coffee habit)

-Building a bass guitar (1st build is a couple kit bits- three piece alder p-bass body and a Canadian maple j-bass neck with Indian rosewood fretboard. I want to get used to everything before I build one from scratch. I will put a Tasmanian Eucalypt burl drop top on the body,I have Dimarzio split 127 pups, Wilkinson tuners, and a Babicz bridge).
I will likely build one more bass but from scratch, and then maybe a couple guitars.. So am starting to amass some luthier tools!

-Drawing/ painting (graphites/ charcoals/ acrylics/ oils)
-Building a smoker at the moment (old oven with a keg on top, planning on electric)
-Refurbish/ customising a couple Technics 1200 turntables

They say horse meat is actually pretty good
I had horse in Japan. It was served to us sashimi style on a plate but the idea was you could put it in a boiling broth at the table for however long you wanted.

I dunno it wasn't that different to steak to be honest, although obviously nothing like a proper Wagyu steak from Matsusaka/Kobe.

edit: Matsusaka not Matsushita

Last edited:
Past recordings of some hobbies I threw up on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/user/RAWSET/videos
Not updated because i cant be farked to hours of youtubing on top of the evolved commitment of hobbies etc. I am a six stringer guitarist out of practice but made home studio compositions to most of those youtubes above, the earlier ones.
Much of these hobbies which are shared by other mad people who home brew as well I see.
All relates down to mechanics and technical's, food, gardening, music, brewing, gardening, food, eating drinking good food, music and alcoholic beverages and even non alcoholic beverages in pursuit of uniqueness and goodness.
This forum really does cover it all and more!
Including the derailments of topics can be very amusing too.

Last edited:
Yeah it was amazing, best I've made so far. Looks burnt but it's just bark with perfect amount of crunch.

image.jpg
ATGATT
Trying to learn Ollie's on the grass, then the very first attempt on the deck...straight up and straight down, can only imagine the same thing but on an abrasive surface at speed

An x skater dude at work gave me a knuckle punch after telling him the story, does that mean I'm cool or something? Lol

I used to like racing cars and just driving and keeping mobile my 250HP Toyota MR2 0-100 in 5.2 secs.
Now I just watch the motor racing when I can.

Too old now, so I cook, grow fruit veg and herbs in my tiny yard and am planning on building a model railway 1 day.

Latest posts

Back