Any Micro's Around Port Macquarie

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lagers44

Reaction score
Hi all

Heading up to Port Macquarie over the xmas break, does anyone know of any micro's in the area for a visit ?

Thanks

Lagers

Hi all

Heading up to Port Macquarie over the xmas break, does anyone know of any micro's in the area for a visit ?

Thanks

Lagers

Murrays at Taylors Arms is a bit over an hours drive away. Of course you can also catch them at Port Stephens on the way up.
www.murraysbrewingco.com.au

In Port Macquarie itself is Wicked Elf.
www.thelittlebrewingcompany.com.au

I'm not sure of opening hours over Christmas so you would have to check with them.

Thanks Rukh , will investigate further & upset the missus with a detour. :p

I live in Port Macquarie. These two listed are the only ones either in town, or reasonably close.
There's also Potters in the Hunter on the way up, of course.

If you want some decent beers on tap, I can recommend the Beach House Caf near the Town Green at the very end of Horton Street near the wharf. They have Erdinger hefe and dunkel on tap, as well as some other good beers. Their food's also reasonable, and not that expensive.

Mrs and I are driving down to Sydney in February and I for one have never been to Port Mac. We are thinking of spending a couple of nights to break the trip, don't like Coffs anymore, had thought of Woolgoolga for the genuine curry :icon_drool2: but I'll give up the curry for the hefe and dunkel not to mention the elf juice, so Mac it is - thanks for the heads up !!

Also Coffs isn't really far enough, prefer a shorter drive on the last day. Is the Town Green walking distance from the 'motel district' and is the RSL in town reasonable?? (pokies are to the mrs as beer is to me :lol: )

Is the Town Green walking distance from the 'motel district' and is the RSL in town reasonable?? (pokies are to the mrs as beer is to me :lol: )

If you mean the 'motel district' on the main street (William Street), then yes. The the Town Green is only about 1 block away, at the water end of Houghton St.

There are 2 bowling clubs within easy walking distance - Eastport & Westport. Westport is closest to the Town Green & is less than 10 minutes walk from the town centre. The RSL that I know of is at Settlement City. All of the Clubs are great venues for a feed & a flutter.

I'm really looking foward to our annual Christmas holidays at the Sundowner Tourist Park. Port is a great holiday spot.

If you mean the 'motel district' on the main street (William Street), then yes. The the Town Green is only about 1 block away, at the water end of Houghton St.

There are 2 bowling clubs within easy walking distance - Eastport & Westport. Westport is closest to the Town Green & is less than 10 minutes walk from the town centre. The RSL that I know of is at Settlement City. All of the Clubs are great venues for a feed & a flutter.

I'm really looking foward to our annual Christmas holidays at the Sundowner Tourist Park. Port is a great holiday spot.

What he said, except it's Horton Street, not Houghton.
There are plenty of motels close to the centre of Port.
The RSL is really only about another 5 minutes walk further from the Westport Bowling Club. If you have a car, it's all within about 5 minutes from the town centre.

Latest posts

Back