Another use for a keg...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asha05

Reaction score
Had a mates birthday party last night. He told me to check out his urinal up the back...Quite impressive... 20130601_212745.jpg

What's wrong with just peeing against the fence?

Wouldn't it be a bit hard to lie horizontal and piss? Lol

Truman said:
Wouldn't it be a bit hard to lie horizontal and piss? Lol
Come on, I'm sure most of us have been refreshed enough to think having a slash while lying down was a good idea.

sorry not impressive imo. Maybe if it was in the shed or something but why walk to the back of the yard for a slash when you can pee closer on the ground and there wont be any cleaning it out or stale piss laying in there. I can envisage the smell of stale piss on a hot day. Dirt is everywhere and will absorb any unpleasant issues like smell or urine so why bother with this in the yard?

Amber Fluid said:
sorry not impressive imo. Maybe if it was in the shed or something but why walk to the back of the yard for a slash when you can pee closer on the ground and there wont be any cleaning it out or stale piss laying in there. I can envisage the smell of stale piss on a hot day. Dirt is everywhere and will absorb any unpleasant issues like smell or urine so why bother with this in the yard?
Some yards are small - also (more importantly), let me assure that during legitimate drought conditions (something many Tasmanians aren't aware of) the scent and visual trace of stale piss is anything but 'absorbed' by the cracked and encrusted ground. In fact, a piss stain (and smell) can remain on the dirt for several days...and if this is compounded by a party or simply re-use of the spot, that part of the yard can become unpleasant indeed.

There is a pipe running underneath it... could be plummed?

Im more cuious about who gets out and shines up Yummys bling ones :lol:

I'm sorry but the idea of using a vessel that is so close to hearts of the brewing community as a urinal is abhorrent. What a waste!

Even the odd country mailbox keg seems a waste but a godammn urinal?!

Further to Yob's comment, if it was plumbed directly to a few lemon trees, that would be pretty awesome :super:

Lecterfan said:
Some yards are small - also Really???... well buggar me! (more importantly), let me assure that during legitimate drought conditions (something many Tasmanians aren't aware of) "of course..... assuming somehow you must know that I have lived in Tassie all my life :huh: " the scent and visual trace of stale piss is anything but 'absorbed' by the cracked and encrusted ground. "Oh, of course I don't know that because you seem to know me so well???." In fact, a piss stain (and smell) can remain on the dirt for several days..."no shit?... you should try smelling it with two heads......... it's even worse." and if this is compounded by a party or simply re-use of the spot, that part of the yard can become unpleasant indeed.

Latest posts

Back