ANHC 2016. Now on tap in...ADELAIDE!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. No-Tip

Reaction score
Oh YES! The mighty cross continental juggernaut that is the ANHC is hitting the road again...this time to Adelaide!

More info and an updated anhc.com.au to come.

In the meantime, please direct any enquiries to the following:
ANHC2016
Adelaide. Radelaide.

Exciting ANHC News...

Hey Homebrew lovers!

We're running a bit behind on getting our website sorted, so we thought we'd give you a bit of a teaser on our special guests.

Mitch-Steele-Stone.jpg

Headlining this year we have Mitch Steele, Brewmaster for Stone Brewing Co (shown above levitating a recent batch), and author of ‘IPA: Brewing Techniques, Recipes and the Evolution of India Pale Ale.’ We can't wait to hear about those Arrogant Bastards ! We might have to see if he can crank out the axe too!

gallery_1677_1384_93756.jpg

Closer to home we have Brendan O’Sullivan, awarded Homebrewer and now Head Brewer at 3 Ravens, Kevin Hingston Champion Homebrewer and now Owner / Head Brewer at Pact Beer and Derek Hales award winning Homebrewer and now Owner / Head Brewer at Bad Shepherd Brewing. Along with Brendan, Kevin and Derek we have a raft of other very talented brewers, that are just itching to impart their knowledge and have a beer with the delegates and sponsors.

Ticket prices will be announced soon (and as usual we'll be rewarding early birds with discounts), and details of other aspects of the event will come out over the coming weeks.

Can't wait to see you all there.

May your brews be good brews!

Andy

Yob said:
From the ANHC site:

WHEN IS IT?
Thursday October 13th - Saturday October 15th, 2016
Thursday October 13th - Saturday October 15th, 2016
Gawrsh, don't you guys know how to search?

Could we please have a categories and style list live link on your page so that those of us comp tragics can plan our attack strategy this year?

I'd guess that the categories will be the same as last year but styles as per BJCP 2015 so they are in coordination with already published state comp guides?

Edit: while my guitar urn gently weeps.

This is the conference thread not the Australian Amateur Brewing Championship so you may not reach the people you want it to.

Yob said:
You can post it 3 times, but as I don't have an offensive fungal growth on my face, don't wear trousers that announce to the world that I've s&&t myself, and don't live in or frequent Fitzroy, INFIWTFYM.

Doesn't make sense what just happened here. Seeing someone levitate beer makes me want to ask someone out on a date as well. I usually go for third base on a first date and was hoping to hear how Yob went...

Now, off to google strings of capital letters to uncover their complex meaning.

[SIZE=16pt]ANHC5 is ALIVE in ADELAIDE![/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]OCT 13-15, 2016[/SIZE]

EARLY BIRD TICKETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!

Click on EARLY BIRD at http://www.anhc.com.au

ce11944b98d0742eead2b016a253afd2_XL.jpg

[SIZE=10pt]KEY PROCEEDINGS[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Conference over 2 days with more than 15 speakers[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Gala Dinner with Entertainer Barry Morgan[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Pairing Dinner with 5 Outstanding Courses[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]AABC Judging & Presentations[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Coopers Brewery Bus Tour[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]CLUB NIGHT!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]This time around we're doing things a little differently regarding the event info. Instead of weeks and months of teasers, drip-feeding information such as speakers, the program, ticket pricing, etc., everything you need to know is NOW up on the ANHC website. It is one major push with only slight updates to follow as the event nears.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The website has been completely overhauled and it is our pleasure to knock the top of this one and let you to take in that fresh hop aroma. We've gone out of our way in 2016 to keep the information simple, reducing it to the essentials. We hope you don’t just like it, but love it and feel compelled to enjoy the ensuing madness taking place in beautiful SA over 3 epic days.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]CONFERENCE PROGRAM[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]The website includes the COMPLETE conference program with the FULL LIST [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]of confirmed speakers including these 3 remarkable, international keynotes:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Mitch Steele[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], USA (Brewmaster & Author)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Stan Hieronymus[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], USA (Professional Journalist & Author)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Bert Van Hecke[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], Belgium (Professional Brewer)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]SPONSORS[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Our wonderful sponsors are also featured on the new website, and we hope you'll take the time to check them out. These fine establishments truly are the life-force of the ANHC! Please do actively support those who in turn support this great occasion.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]TICKET SALES[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Yes, you can buy tickets – RIGHT NOW! The ANHC shop is online and ready to take your orders. [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]We've also created a handy 'Add to Compare' button to assist you in identifying the levels of ticketing, allowing you to purchase exactly what you need for the perfect conference experience.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]We look forward to sharing amazing, fresh beers with you this October in Adelaide![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Cheers from the ANHC5 team![/SIZE]

Conference beer tastiness bottled today. So pumped to crack one with ya'll in a month...

IMG_0874.JPG <-imagine this is rotated properly!

Are there any accommodation partners, for those of us with hideous organisational skills (socially awkward and time-poor)?

There are no official accomodation partners. Just chuck Adelaide CBD into your favourite accomodation search engine such as wotif and there are plenty of options.

Glenelg is a good spot to stay imho, somewhere like Glenelg Gateway Apartments is a 3 minute walk to the tram station and it will take you all the way into the city centre, then out to Thebarton if you want to get sloshed at The Wheaty
I think a 3 day pass cost me $25 or so

Glenelg has a couple of large "5 stars", The Grand and The Oaks. Along Anzac Highway there are a couple of cheaper motels with similar access to the tram line but not much as far as restaurants etc. Other than that head to the city. The host venue is smack bang in the city centre on Victoria Square so fairly much anywhere you choose will be a comfortable stroll away.

Last call for tickets today (actually in the next hour). Anyone keen needs to get onto it!

Anyone out there attending? This will be my first...

ill be there come and find me at the isb stand at club night.

Latest posts

Back