Anhc 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In 2008 there was a get together at "The Transport" in fed square on the Thursday night. I am sure I read somewhere that there was a similar gathering at "The Taphouse" in St.Kilda? Can someone confirm or deny this?

:icon_cheers: :icon_cheers:

BYB

In 2008 there was a get together at "The Transport" in fed square on the Thursday night. I am sure I read somewhere that there was a similar gathering at "The Taphouse" in St.Kilda? Can someone confirm or deny this?

:icon_cheers: :icon_cheers:

BYB
I'm not sure , but i'd suggest Beer Deluxe at Fed Square...opp Flinders st station....
Cheers
Ferg

"
5:30pm The ANHC Beer and Food Pairing Dinner
MC: Jeff Wyant Venue: Angliss Restaurant
Four champion brewers from the past present beers they've specially produced for the dinner, alongside meals that have been specially selected to marry together into a taste experience you will not want to miss!

6:00pm Club Night
Venue: William Angliss Conference Centre
Bring your own beers to share around!
"

Are these times right?

"
5:30pm The ANHC Beer and Food Pairing Dinner
MC: Jeff Wyant Venue: Angliss Restaurant
Four champion brewers from the past present beers they've specially produced for the dinner, alongside meals that have been specially selected to marry together into a taste experience you will not want to miss!

6:00pm Club Night
Venue: William Angliss Conference Centre
Bring your own beers to share around!
"

Are these times right?

Yes, the club night will start while the beer and food pairing dinner is on so that when the dinner finishes club night is all a go.

This is also because there is limited capacity to the beer and food pairing dinner so it provides an alternative for punters who may have missed out.
This year we've managed to get extended hours for club night as well, YAY!

when does the sneaky keg make an apperance? :kooi:

Yes, the club night will start while the beer and food pairing dinner is on so that when the dinner finishes club night is all a go.

This is also because there is limited capacity to the beer and food pairing dinner so it provides an alternative for punters who may have missed out.
This year we've managed to get extended hours for club night as well, YAY!

Sounds like a reasonable sentiment. But won't most of the clubs be in the dinner?

Sounds like a reasonable sentiment. But won't most of the clubs be in the dinner?

Clubs are allocated a number of club night "guest" tickets, which can be used for non-conference attendees to setup the club stand and also to stay on and enjoy club night.

Clubs are allocated a number of club night "guest" tickets, which can be used for non-conference attendees to setup the club stand and also to stay on and enjoy club night.

I just hope the early risers to club night dont demolish the best kegs before us at the dinner. :rolleyes:

Which might be fine for the local clubs, but why would an interstate club member fly to Melbourne without going to the conference? I think some clubs might find it difficult to man their stands during the dinner... in either case, there was plenty of beer left after the dinner last time... Asher's Oktoberfest was not to be missed!

Not everybody going to ANHC can afford the time or money to do the full package.

As much as I would love to be going to the Beer Matching dinner, it required the commitment to the full package, so will be heading straight to club night once the Friday day sessions finish.

Fourstar: No guarantees on any beer being left once you guys finish up your dinner ;)

Which might be fine for the local clubs, but why would an interstate club member fly to Melbourne without going to the conference?

Different priorities? I am one such person. I like the social aspect of it and besides a flight to Melbourne can be had for next to nothing. I am traveling with others who are going to the conference while I intend to hit a few brew pubs. I do hope to be able to still attend the club night and catch up with a few Qld folk since I'm not heading to kin kin this year. :icon_cheers:

BYB

So, who's excited?!?! :D

three day work week. Whoopieeeee!!!! a cople of early nights are on the cards for the big weekend/weekdays ahead. So, whats the most anticipated? i cant wait for friday night. The beer and food matching dinner has got quite the battle on its hands against clubnight. some interesting beers are lined up. I know i'll be making a beeline to the BABBs table for the quirky looking Belgians.

So, who's excited?!?! :D

three day work week. Whoopieeeee!!!! a cople of early nights are on the cards for the big weekend/weekdays ahead. So, whats the most anticipated? i cant wait for friday night. The beer and food matching dinner has got quite the battle on its hands against clubnight. some interesting beers are lined up. I know i'll be making a beeline to the BABBs table for the quirky looking Belgians.
Me!

Three days of work then plane to Melbourne for a great long weekend.

See you at the Babbs table, when we get back from the dinner anyway ;) :)

Ditto on the excitement!

Looking forward to putting faces to all the names from the forum.

Did most of you guys put your AHB handle on the registration form?

we should be there at about 3.30pm sat. 3 kegs of dry hopped kooinda to keep you wet between breaks.

we should be there at about 3.30pm sat. 3 kegs of dry hopped kooinda to keep you wet between breaks.
Only 3, Fents? I'm not sure there's going to be enough beer there to keep everybody happy :D

Am seriously considering an alcohol-free week, just to give my poor liver a break prior to taking a thrashing come Friday.

Can't remember if I put my handle on the reg or not but name and handle are almost the same anyway you won't beable to miss me as I'll be the one with a beer in his hand :lol:

Latest posts

Back