Ahb Religion - Census 2011?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Census?

I'm not sure I've ever participated before :ph34r:

same here. they sell the information that you supply to entities looking to get a hold of your interests/money.
the way i look at it, if they want me to participate in their money making venture, my info requires a royalty/payment!

We need to separate religion from politics.

Did I miss something or isn't religion and state still seperate? The PM is loud and proud athiest and while Tony claims to be some kind of Christian his views on issues like refugees tend to be condemed by most Christian leaders.
Like it or not religious groups are part of our society and a democratic society requires each member of society to voice their perspective to work - therefore like Smurto suggests - don't wate your votes (what ever it is) because the census is technically a vote to support what you are in your area (assuming democracy works ;) )

Correct.

I will be marking no religion on the census form - Link

We could get all serious about the reasons for conducting a census, enabling up to date statistics to be compiled so that resources can be better targeted for schools, hospitals etc but given AHB users fondness for conspiracy theories why bother.

Idiots mark Jedi, FSM, etc on their census forms. Idiots that know that marking Jedi, FSM etc on their form serves no purpose but to skew the statistics in favour of the religious right are borderline retarded. :icon_cheers:

As much as I hate +1 replies, +1
The census is a bit like your vote, you might not want to vote for any of them, but if you think about it, there will sure as shit will be one you want to vote against.
MHB

I think the term athiest is a strange one. To this date any god or religious miracles cannot be proven to exist. So why is there a specific term for people who choose not to believe in a non proven identity. Fairys and unicorns and elves also have not been proven to exist yet people who do not believe in them are not labled a specific term for non fairy believers.

I think the term athiest is a strange one. To this date any god or religious miracles cannot be proven to exist. So why is there a specific term for people who choose not to believe in a non proven identity. Fairys and unicorns and elves also have not been proven to exist yet people who do not believe in them are not labled a specific term for non fairy believers.
If you put fairy in as a religion they might just think you're gay

Paranoid Agnostic.
meaning: I'm not sure, but I think something is out to get me.

If I have to put an "established" religion down for it to be accepted, then **** 'em.

Correct.
I will be marking no religion on the census form - Link
icon_cheers.gif

The census is a bit like your vote, you might not want to vote for any of them, but if you think about it, there will sure as shit will be one you want to vote against.

Good call guys.
I would encourage anyone considering a 'donkey vote' on the census to look at the following link

http://www.censusnoreligion.org/

Did I miss something or isn't religion and state still seperate? The PM is loud and proud athiest and while Tony claims to be some kind of Christian his views on issues like refugees tend to be condemed by most Christian leaders.
Like it or not religious groups are part of our society and a democratic society requires each member of society to voice their perspective to work - therefore like Smurto suggests - don't wate your votes (what ever it is) because the census is technically a vote to support what you are in your area (assuming democracy works ;) )

It's meant to be separate, but there is nothing stopping special interest groups such as the Australian Christian Lobby (ACL) from using census results when they lobby for core 'christian values'. The problem is when the results are skewed in one way because some choose to have a bit of 'fun' on the form.

Also, i respectfully disagree that Ms Gillard is a "loud and proud" Atheist. If she once was; i now think it's quite hushed over.

I think the term athiest is a strange one. To this date any god or religious miracles cannot be proven to exist. So why is there a specific term for people who choose not to believe in a non proven identity.

Same reason there is a term for people that choose to believe in a non proven identity! :p

Edit: removed speculation

<h2 class="question opened">Is the Census compulsory?</h2>Ultimately, yes.

The Census and Statistics Act provides for the compulsory completion of the form. If an individual doesn't answer the questions on the Census form, the Australian Statistician has the authority to direct them to do so. There are penalties for people failing to complete the Census or returning the form when directed to do so.

got me shaking in my boots.... :excl: :eek: :lol:

Also, i respectfully disagree that Ms Gillard is a "loud and proud" Atheist. If she once was; i now think it's quite hushed over.
there will be no carbon tax under the goverment i lead. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was going for Sith Lord this time round but on reflection No Religion is the go

I think if you really want to f*ck with the system and frighten the horses, put down "wahhabi islamist" :D

(Although this could put you on the ASIO watch list)

No offence but this is as insightful as saying 'if Penny Wong ever once was gay, i now think it is quite hushed over'. When asked Julia & Penny have stated their respective positions and since it should in no way influence their job, it should be quiet now.
If someone can point out the religious control of politics that I can't see I'd appreciate it.
The hypocracy in the AFA website is a little humorous - essentially we have atheist political action because they feel the religious groups shouldn't be political.
Sometimes its hard to see the difference between atheist fundamentalists and religious fundamentalists

I always thought I was an atheist, but now know that i'm agnostic. How can we claim to know for certain that things do or do not exist? Perhaps they do. I think it's more likely that they don't, but without all the knowledge in the universe, how can anyone be sure?
Also, Craftbrewer Cougar Wit is delicious.
I believe in that.

ill be putting down born again fermentationist. just for shitz n gigz.

whenis the next census anyway?

ill be putting down born again fermentationist. just for shitz n gigz.

whenis the next census anyway?

Idiots mark Jedi, FSM, etc on their census forms. Idiots that know that marking Jedi, FSM etc on their form serves no purpose but to skew the statistics in favour of the religious right are borderline retarded. :icon_cheers:

+1

No religion please people...

Imagine...

I think you miss the point

Code:
I think you miss the point

Kieren, you actually thought this person was being serious? He was obviously having a laugh...otherwise he would be retarded...

Latest posts

Back