New to AHB

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milhouse

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have recently moved to Brisbane after living regionally for the last several years and not having access to good hbs's.

Have just put down my first all grain batch in years which was great however...
I use a boiler/urn to do a 1v BIAB but due to my current set up cannot drain using the tap. My last batch I just poured t he lot into a no chill cube. However I want to leave the hot break behind next time, I am wondering how people transfer the wort. I am assuming the answer is to transfer with silicon tubing, however I have never done so (have never needed to, I don't do a secondary ferment and bottle straight from the primary fv).

The main thing I am wondering is how do you initiate the siphon? Attaching the hose to the outlet tap probably isn't an option as it is an odd shaped and bulky tap on my boiler.

Not sure if it breaches forum etiquette (please let me know if so), there are a couple of items I am looking to buy if anyone is selling, chasing a second fermenting fridge and an immersion chiller. Preferably Northside.

Back