Ahb Religion - Census 2011?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wakkatoo

The Sneaky Monk
Reaction score
First off, mods please move if in the wrong area.

For the last couple of census' I've been marking religion as 'Jedi Knight, but figured its time for a change.

Sooo... this year I'm going for 'Craftbrewer'

Anyone else want to join the craftbrewing cult religion? ;)

Finally, my lightsaber keg dispenser will know its true destiny.

It is not that silly a suggestion imo.

We might even get protection as a 'minority' !

Church of FSM..... but only caused he touched my noodley appendage

No religion.

From what I understand if you put Jedi etc it won't be taken serious and put as a no answer or something.

Best to put no religion.

If one chooses to believe in the afterlife, you really can't go past Norse Mythology.

From the Wikipedia page for Valkyrie:
In Norse mythology, a valkyrie (from Old Norse valkyrja "chooser of the slain") is one of a host of female figures who decide who will die in battle... the valkyries bring their chosen to the afterlife hall of the slain, Valhalla, ruled over by the god Odin. There, the deceased warriors become einherjar. There, when the einherjar are not preparing for the events of Ragnark, the valkyries bear them mead. Valkyries also appear as lovers of heroes and other mortals...

No religion.

From what I understand if you put Jedi etc it won't be taken serious and put as a no answer or something.

Best to put no religion.

Correct!

More than 70,000 people declared themselves members of Star Wars' Jedi order in 2001 but Mr Nicholls said the joke was over.
"If you put down Jedi, you are marked no response and all you are doing is handing religion your power over yourself," he said.

http://www.news.com.au/national/atheists-a...r-1226101012120

The silly thing is though, the no response should be no religion, i.e. atheism. Therefore, shouldn't all 'no response' responses be considered atheist responses? That is either you subscribe to a religion, or you don't. 'No response' isn't a result, and it shouldn't be a permitted option for the census takers imo.

No offense to the religious folk out there, just my 2c :)

Correct!

http://www.news.com.au/national/atheists-a...r-1226101012120

The silly thing is though, the no response should be no religion, i.e. atheism. Therefore, shouldn't all 'no response' responses be considered atheist responses? That is either you subscribe to a religion, or you don't. 'No response' isn't a result, and it shouldn't be a permitted option for the census takers imo.

No offense to the religious folk out there, just my 2c :)

I'm not aiming for 'Craftbrewer' to be recognised. I just do it for the fun of it! Sure the census has its value, but you know how the saying goes: "Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics" ;)

I belong to the Church of the Holy Online Newpaper Commenters. Verily do we hold fast to the faith that we who comment shall do so by cramming the maximum amount of capital H - and other associated capital letters - into our comments such as the English Language can verily support without crumbling into a small brown stain. For example:

To Cheryl (comment 31) - your misguided ideas about same sex unions are being, even now scrutinised by He Who knows all and He will, at the End of Days judge you by His infinite Wisdom and He will in His own time - which will be swift, to remove His mercy and His leniency towards you and H and H and H ....

If I have to put an "established" religion down for it to be accepted, then **** 'em.

Religion is to humanity as infection is to homebrew. It's not the masses' opiate, it's the masses' meth.

If I have to put an "established" religion down for it to be accepted, then **** 'em.

Religion is to humanity as infection is to homebrew. It's not the masses' opiate, it's the masses' meth.

+1

I belong to the Church of the Holy Online Newpaper Commenters. Verily do we hold fast to the faith that we who comment shall do so by cramming the maximum amount of capital H - and other associated capital letters - into our comments such as the English Language can verily support without crumbling into a small brown stain. For example:

To Cheryl (comment 31) - your misguided ideas about same sex unions are being, even now scrutinised by He Who knows all and He will, at the End of Days judge you by His infinite Wisdom and He will in His own time - which will be swift, to remove His mercy and His leniency towards you and H and H and H ....

If a troll falls in the mass media, but no one on AHB hears it fall, is it a troll on AHB? :p

If a troll falls in the mass media, but no one on AHB hears it fall, is it a troll on AHB? :p

Ah little grasshopper, is this like the ancient conundrum of ??

Last edited by a moderator:
can you put your name in and not fill it out they got no right to know everything about me?

Census?

I'm not sure I've ever participated before :ph34r:

No religion.

Best to put no religion.

Correct.

I will be marking no religion on the census form - Link

We need to separate religion from politics.

We could get all serious about the reasons for conducting a census, enabling up to date statistics to be compiled so that resources can be better targeted for schools, hospitals etc but given AHB users fondness for conspiracy theories why bother.

Idiots mark Jedi, FSM, etc on their census forms. Idiots that know that marking Jedi, FSM etc on their form serves no purpose but to skew the statistics in favour of the religious right are borderline retarded. :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back