AHB Biggest Loser Challenge!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
acarey said:
Well done guys. I've gained this week back up to 105.2. But I had a baby yesterday and the resulting 1000 beers last night might be skewing the numbers. Edit: My wife actually had the baby
Big CONGRATS Buddy. Hope all went well and is well.

Shaun.

Congrats acarey! That means your wife probably smashed you on the weight loss front this week :p

No idea what I weigh atm, I was sick at the end of last week/start of this week so fairly quiet week. The good news is that has let my legs recover. As a result I just got 9th/23 on a 10% hill that's 400m long, not bad for a fat bloke on a mountain bike :)

Now I'm planning which segments I'm going to have a go at on the way home.... like I said earlier - Strava is the easiest way to get addicted to exercise

p.s. Strava AHB club link for those that missed it: http://www.strava.com/clubs/AussieHomeBrewer

Congrats acarey.

I am off to buy some new scales today, the old ones are over ten years old and starting to head in the wrong direction. Or it could be that I havnt been exercising again.

Ok peeps,
Starting weight: 102.5 (14 Oct)
Current weight: 91.9

Good result this week down 1.1 on last.

Cheers,
D80

I actaully starting losing weight due to a biggest loser competition at work. Started at 112 (Quite Fat), and I am now a solid 95 (Little bit fat). The competition started 3 months ago and the final weigh in was yesterday, won a huge $400 dollars!

Weight when this started: 101
Now 99.8!

Stoked to have hit my pre Christmas goal, now to get a bit more off before the Xmas gluttony begins!

Great to see so many people taking their health seriously.

Best of luck to all of you. It will be worth it in so many ways.

We had a biggest loser at work based on body fat percentage. I thought it would give me extra motivation. It didn't. I just kept doing what I was doing, it made me realize I'm happy with my lifestyle changes and that I did it for myself. In the end though, it doesn't matter why you do it, it's getting healthy and happy that counts! Well done.

Best of luck with this gents.

At my heaviest I was 100kg (only 168 cm tall) and am now 72kg. Bloody hard work, but it is definitely worth it. FWIW I did the weight watchers things (points only, not meetings).

Weighed in this morning at 93.0kg

Off to the states in Monday for 3 weeks. With cheap IPA and American food at Christmas coupled with no exercise, I totally expect to be somewhere close to 100kg by the time I get back.

Then aim is to cut to mid 80s by March.

3 weeks of American good and beer over Christmas. I'd budget for 105kg if I was you :p

I'm off to a good start as we moved house and it was a real ordeal. Lot's of stuff to move and carry over a two week period, totally stuffed, can't believe how unfit I am :huh: . Stayed away from junk too so I'd say I've dropped 5 kg's. Also only had about 10 beers in the last month - threw in some Coopers Vintage and Stout for this arvo :p

Had a bit of a wake up call about 10 weeks ago when I thought I was having a heart attack, massive chest pain and shortness of breath and I'm only 32. Straight to hospital and a heap of tests later, turns out I'm just an incredibly unfit, lazy *******, nothing wrong with my heart at all. Starting weight 110kg 9 weeks ago, 103kg now. I go to personal training twice a week, have improved my diet and only drink Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I walk the dogs for a minimum of 5-7km at least 3 times a week, and have tried to incorporate an interval training type approach where I run at least 1.5 -2k's of it in short 300m bursts. My cardio fitness is terrible but I have seen considerable improvement already. I hope to be under 100kg by New Years, I don't have a goal weight, I just want to build muscle and be strong, fit and healthy. Its been a massive turn around in attitude and lifestyle and I feel amazing already. If you're craving junk food, make it yourself. Homemade chicken parmas, burgers and pizzas are 10 times better for you than store bought shit and taste amazing. Kudos to everyone out there putting in the hard yards to improve their health and lifestyle.

That's awesome, Chrisso.

My cardio was wrecked when I started. I did the c25k (couch to 5km) program. You can download an app and its like interval training where the running gets longer and the waking shorter every week. I'm serious when I say I couldn't finish the first day which was eight one minute jogs with three minute walks in between. Now I can run 9km straight and do a 2.4km in under 12 minutes. I highly recommend it!

Looks like I'm first to weigh in today. Had a bad week re exercise. Started off a bit crook and lost motivation so haven't done any dedicated exercise sessions. Still watched the diet, although a did stray a little compared to previous weeks. I also so broke the no beer through the week rule last night after working in the heat most of the day, so indulged in 4 mid strengths. Given all that, I still lost 1kg and have hit my short term goal of being under 120kg by xmas. Started at 123.5kg, now 119kg. It would be at least 6 months and probably more like 12 since I've been under 120 so happy with how it's going.

Just one small tip, and I don't know if it helps much or not, but when I'm walking somewhere, I try to walk at pace. Fast enough to get your heart rate up and your puffing a bit when your finished. I work at a fairly large manufacturing facility in the admin office, and need to get around to various parts of the plant. Some may be a 5 minute walk, others may be 10 or 15, but I try to walk them at a decent clip. I figure if the heart rate gets up it must do some good.

Just jumped on the scales: 106kg.
Not bad, considering I haven't been calorie counting or doing more than 2 quick jogs a week since last time I weighed myself in April (was 108kg).

I've managed to loose about 5cm from around my belly in the last few weeks...haven't lost any weight though. :huh:

All I'm doing is going for a brisk 30 minute walk in my lunch break, and using the stairs (I'm on the 9th floor) rather than the lift. Haven't really changed my diet or beer intake though, well maybe scaled the portion size down a touch but not much.

I'm actually quite surprised how much you can achieve by doing so little....

Latest posts

Back