AHB Biggest Loser Challenge!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hanging in there lads? I'm at 127, just bought a jackhammer though, should be a few KG's in that purchase :huh:

Still at it. I had Mum and Dad staying with me for a week and a half so that means way too much food, two bottles of duty free Jim Beam honey for me, and beer, lots of it. I still stuck to my running regime but the kg's seemed to be stalled. I was up at 6am regardless of what the night before threw at me. Mum and Dad thought I was mental. I know the running was stopping an increase in weight and halting any onset of kgs!

I'm under 88 now. One hell of a kg to get rid of, thanks Mum and Dad!

Tomorrow morning is somewhat significant for me as its the last day of my 5K running app. 8 weeks of fun to be honest. In the morning I have a 5K run. Then it's onto the next stage of 'improve 5K' part of the app.

So im almost 2 months in to my healthy 2014. started at 115kg and the scales read 107.3kg this morning. Been walking 8kms everyday and then on the weekends do a 20km trail walk with the wife. And she is killing it also, 4 months after having a baby she is now 10kg lighter than when she fell pregnant and looking mighty fine! all good so far!

87.6 this morning. I've dropped the 5k app and using another app for tracking only now. Just tracks and tells me every half Kilometer etc. I though I'd push myself this last week and I now run 2 k before a 1 minute break. I didn't think I could but the 5k app has really conditioned me. Currently doing 2 k's in 11 minutes 35 seconds. After a short walk break a couple of more k's in 1 kilometer sections. 4 kilometers every run now no real issue. Wrapped.

I aim to be doing 4 k's in two runs in a week or three.

Nice Asha. It's great when cloths start feeling a size too big!

Congrats to all those shedding the kgs - not just for the losses but for the lifestyle changes that led to it. The health benefits are manifold.

I'm not really losing weight but definitely getting fitter. I currently run 5km twice a week, can do it in under 30 mins now :). Not bad for a 106kg bloke.

Liam_snorkel said:
I'm not really losing weight but definitely getting fitter. I currently run 5km twice a week, can do it in under 30 mins now :). Not bad for a 106kg bloke.
Awesome. Gotta get back on the train. Have fallen off over the last few weeks.

Into the 86's now. Averaging 5 mins per K for first two K then late 5's for next two k's. Mostly run 4 K's or every third run 3K to mix the routine and scenery up. Best I've run with no break it 2.5 K.

I'm finding motivation is not an issue getting up early every morning now even if not running that day. I guess my mind set has evolved.

Been a fair while since I posted, so will give an update. I started before Xmas at 123.5kg. I'm now down to 115.5kg (goal 90kg). I'm in two notches on my belt and pulling out shirts that were too tight, that now fit well. I'm not exercising at this stage. I started drinking the wife's meal replacement shakes for breakfast and lunch with a couple of fruit snacks through the day. I was surprised that it kept my hunger satisfied. I've since stopped the shakes but keep to the same calorie intake and it seems to be working. It's definitely helped with portion control. If we went to Macca's, I'd smash a large Double Quarter Pounder meal no worries, now, I find even their wraps are a bit too big. I know the weight loss will slow, or stop, with just a diet change, so when that happens I'll get into an exercise routine.

Another Kg down for me 105.3kg. Had a short term goal to reach 105kg or under by my wifes 30th on the 18th of April. So far it is looking good!

I've done it. Cracked the 10kg mark for the year so far. Weighed in at 104.5kg this morning. Looking forward to seeing my weight in double digits!

I've hit a bit of a plateau, been 125 for a few weeks, hopefully it will take off again, was hoping to get to 115....

It has been just over a year since I decided to lose weight and get fitter. I have lost 33kg and been holding steady for the last 6 months. My resting heart rate has gone from over 80 bpm to 52 bpm, lately I have been monitoring my heart rate when I exercise, out on the trails I have seen a maximum heart rate of 190, on the trainer I have been zone training and checking my heart rate recovery, current it drops 50 bpm after the first minute stopping exercise. Getting fit is made a whole lot easier by finding an exercise you like, mine is mountain biking, when I was a kid I would spend my weekends out on the trails it is just as much fun now as it was then.

Cheers Steve

Well done Steve,

Should inspire me to get off my bum and give it a go.

Regards

Graeme

Hmm I am 117 way to big just kicking off into some exercise

Latest posts

Back