AHB Articles: Vic X-mas In July 2010 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
will be there for sure. Probably getting somone to drop me off/pick up or taxi.

I have 28 bottles of my aussie amber ale ready to go and not infected. Looking forward to it.

At the moment 6pm will be the earliest i can get there however i can have the bottles in Sunbury anytime between now and then if somebody is close and can take them to fents earlier thats fine.

Im still trying to get there earlier but i doubt that will be by 2pm.

I should be going to the G for Cats v Hawks next weekend and could drop them somewhere between the north of Melb and the G. Just throwing options out there.

Kleiny

Hey Kleiny,

I live in Pascoe Vale, not too far from from the freeway, if you want to drop your swaps off at my place on the way to the footy. I'll probably be showing up around 1pm on the swap day at a guess.

Cheers
Mal

Hey Kleiny,

I live in Pascoe Vale, not too far from from the freeway, if you want to drop your swaps off at my place on the way to the footy. I'll probably be showing up around 1pm on the swap day at a guess.

Cheers
Mal

PM me your address and that will solve the problem, it will be Sat 10th sometime before lunch as the game kicks off at 2

Kleiny

At the moment 6pm will be the earliest i can get there however i can have the bottles in Sunbury anytime between now and then if somebody is close and can take them to fents earlier thats fine.
Im still trying to get there earlier but i doubt that will be by 2pm.
I should be going to the G for Cats v Hawks next weekend and could drop them somewhere between the north of Melb and the G. Just throwing options out there.
Kleiny

Or my place in Abbotsford. :icon_cheers:

which ever is easiest to get to

Maple: yep i think if mcook can fit it in i might drop it off as well as long as i get it carbed by then. I made a double batch and am already drinking one part of it know.

1 half was with Cal common yeast and 1 was with pacman. The pacman one it going to the swap but i will bring a couple of bottles of the other for some to compare.

swap should be all done and dusted by 2.30 wolfy

Anyone live over Yarraville way that is going to the swap and could give me a lift ?
Cheers
Ferg

Taking this on a slight tangent... we need to start throwing around some recipe ideas for the brewday.
The wiki page shows we'll have enough equipment/ingredients/helpers, so all we need is a recipe to crank out.

Personally I'd be keen on a big AIPA, what with all the C-hops on offer.
Other preferences?

Maple: yep i think if mcook can fit it in i might drop it off as well as long as i get it carbed by then. I made a double batch and am already drinking one part of it know.

1 half was with Cal common yeast and 1 was with pacman. The pacman one it going to the swap but i will bring a couple of bottles of the other for some to compare.

Presume you are talking about a keg? I should have plenty of space in the jeep.

Cheers
Mal

Taking this on a slight tangent... we need to start throwing around some recipe ideas for the brewday.
The wiki page shows we'll have enough equipment/ingredients/helpers, so all we need is a recipe to crank out.

Other preferences?
I'm not too fussed. Just let me know if grain is needed, and I'll bring it.

I feel like a ******* newbie to have to do this so close to the swap, but am going to have to cancel on attending the swap, and whilst I want to try to, I don't think I'm going to be able to even organise to get the beers dropped off to someone's place.

I don't like making excuses, but the truth is I've had some major issues with work in the past 2 weeks with stuff all time off which has followed onto some personal issues that have come up... I can't really elaborate.

Sorry if it's going to cause any inconveniences...

I hope you guys will accept this apology, and I'll do my best of making it up to you all at the next event...

I hope you guys will accept this apology, and I'll do my best of making it up to you all at the next event...

it happens and is expected with these things. Unfortunatly you are the first to pull out late but dont worry, it wont restrict you from having another attack at it next time.

In other news, my AIPA has been bottled and ready to go. If you remember my last AIPA (if you where in that swap). Its a completely different beast. The nose has way less citrus and more of the 'dank' qualities the US folk speak of. Right up Fents ally! :lol:

For those that dont like IPAs or US hop heavy beers (warmbeer) :p i have 4 bottles of my house grown hop american wheat (no, not a weizenyeast) which was an absolute cracker to make up the numbers.

Tasting some dregs of the IPA now it seems like its around a fortnight away from mellowng to its peak. So come the swap, she should be ready to drink! :beerbang:

For those that dont like IPAs or US hop heavy beers (warmbeer) :p i have 4 bottles of my house grown hop american wheat (no, not a weizenyeast) which was an absolute cracker to make up the numbers.
I like hoppy beers, I just don't like drinking freshly mown lawn ;)

Andy, no problems mate. It's always a pity when petty things like "life" get in the way of good drinking time, but we'll understand :icon_cheers:

Or IBU's in double figures. Blouse.
I like hoppy beers, I just don't like drinking freshly mown lawn ;)

Andy, no problems mate. It's always a pity when petty things like "life" get in the way of good drinking time, but we'll understand :icon_cheers:

Other preferences?

+1 for Hutchies idea.....AIPA

Rook

What about glassware, guys?

Do we need to hire a couple of boxes of standard beer glasses? If so, we will need to charge attendee's a couple of bucks to cover costs.

Fents, you got a local Safeway Liquor you can hire 60 or so glasses? Or has anybody got some hidden under the bed they can bring along?

Latest posts

Back