AHB Articles: Vic X-mas In July 2010 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, save the slant thread for the day pls, cause I wouldn't mind being involved in that discussion, and my browser is doing funny things making discussing stuff in here kinda difficult :)

On a side note, i have updated the food and slants on offer page. If anyone has something of interest to swap me (something special like 1469) i'll be doing a mass slanting tonight if i have the chance and i need to redo all of my cultures old cultures.
I've got a 6m old inoculated-direct-from-vial slant of Pro-103 (ProCulture English Wood Ale) which some have said is more 1469 than 1469 is.
And an as yet still unopened/reslanted slant of never-seen-in-Australia-before Brewlab 1508 yeast.

I've got a 6m old inoculated-direct-from-vial slant of Pro-103 (ProCulture English Wood Ale) which some have said is more 1469 than 1469 is.
And an as yet still unopened/reslanted slant of never-seen-in-Australia-before Brewlab 1508 yeast.

interestinnnnngggg wolfy!

interested in a slant swap of anything i have? ;)

interestinnnnngggg wolfy!

interested in a slant swap of anything i have? ;)
I'm sure I can find one or two that I'd find useful. :)

I've also got some water-washed saved slurry of both 1968 and Pro-103 that I doubt I'll ever get around to using, so if anyone wants a sample of either those, send me a PM.

I've also got some water-washed saved slurry of both 1968 and Pro-103 that I doubt I'll ever get around to using, so if anyone wants a sample of either those, send me a PM.

well let us know and i'll slant you a fresh one when i do them tonight/tomorrow.

I'll stick my hand up for the 1968 (looooooove that yeast).

Planning on brewing a Mild after my current Stout-fest (Dry Stout going into the fermenter with a cup of 1882 slurry from the current Oatmeal stout), and I think 1968 is a great one for the style.

If I get a chance I may dig up some rhizomes. Pretty sure I don't have room to plant any more in my yard so not up for a hop swap but more than happy to swap a rhizome with interested parties for slants of interesting yeasts or some malt or hops or somesuch.

Currently have chinook, goldings (UK) hallertau and tettnanger although wolfy gets first dibs on any tett I have. Not sure of the status as yet though so I'll post more when I know.

i might want some goldings and can swap some cascade if you want.

drinking some of my swap beer now and it is tasteing great i still dont know if its exact on Dead guy but nice.

I'll swap for anything BUT another rhizome. No more room in manticle's backyard (and have a newly purchased target in the fridge waiting for spring)

so what do you want, hops, grain, beer.

i can probably palm off some choc, carahell, carared, spec B malt if you need some.

Name your poison

so what do you want, hops, grain, beer.

i can probably palm off some choc, carahell, carared, spec B malt if you need some.

Name your poison

Got plenty of specs at the moment. Pale malts always have a place in my brewery, hops always welcome and yeast slants or sanitary slurry will also do the trick.

I'll swap for anything BUT another rhizome. No more room in manticle's backyard (and have a newly purchased target in the fridge waiting for spring)
Check the 'brew day' thread thing and let me know if there are any particular yeast slant/slurry that I should bring for you.

Hi mate. 1469 equivalent sounds good to me (proculture wood ale??).

Love english yeasts. I'll let you know the success I have digging stuff up prior.

Im still gobsmacked that we have 27 swappers ACTUALLY swapping! Close to a full house! i wonder if we can rope somone else into joining to make up the full number of 28 before next weekend!

i wonder if we can rope somone else into joining to make up the full number of 28 before next weekend!
Were you not just saying that you didn't have enough bottles anyway? could be wrong.

Im still gobsmacked that we have 27 swappers ACTUALLY swapping! Close to a full house! i wonder if we can rope somone else into joining to make up the full number of 28 before next weekend!

Don't get too excited, there's still a week to go, plenty of time for the 'oh crap gonna hafta pull out sorry guys' to start appearing..

i know big mick from our brewery has a porter bottled up in stubbies, i'll ask him if he wants in.....

Were you not just saying that you didn't have enough bottles anyway? could be wrong.
Not swapping + not attending = not entitled to comment :lol:

What happened? Don't let life get in the way of important drinking time, we're going to miss your Canuck wisdoms.

I was short 4 but made up for em with my Home Grown Hop 'wheat' ale. looks like im only short 3 currently.

Back