AHB Articles: Vic X-mas In July 2010 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
boys ive just looked at the wiki & discovered the swap is on the 17th dont we normally have a poll or something to work the date ? anyway im overseas from the 10th till the 20th of july so i wont be attending & due to heavy work commitments (slackness) i dont think i will have to time to brew a swap beer either so i spose il catch up with everyone @ the xmas swap

HOTD, Thats a shame bro, Keep punching!

boys ive just looked at the wiki & discovered the swap is on the 17th dont we normally have a poll or something to work the date ? anyway im overseas from the 10th till the 20th of july so i wont be attending & due to heavy work commitments (slackness) i dont think i will have to time to brew a swap beer either so i spose il catch up with everyone @ the xmas swap

Hi guys, been away for a couple of weeks, so only just catching up on what's been going on in this thread.

I picked the Saturday the 17th based on a complicated mathematical formula, the phase of the moon, and the numerical representation of my first-born's middle name. That, and it was smack-bang in the middle of the month :)

If people want a vote to see what is the best date in July for the majority, I'm more than happy to go with that. Me personally, I don't know what I'm doing in 3 days time, let alone 3 or more months.

Warm Beer - keep it the 17th. No point complicating it with a poll now. Those who can, will - those who can't, wont (make it, that is).

Warm Beer - keep it the 17th. No point complicating it with a poll now. Those who can, will - those who can't, wont (make it, that is).

Agreed. As Kleiny pointed out, there is always someone who misses out and unfortunatly you cannot accomodate for all.

cheer haysie lucky for me ive been able to swing things around so ill be there to have a beer with you mate looking foward to it

DITTO, i wasnt making it, yet now I feel I must.

My second :ph34r: Bo-Pils went down today without a glitch. A good entry in 2 parts are on the way!

Put down 2 x 42L testers for the swap today. An APA (Northern Lights Pale) and a Wit (HalfWit Hoe). Now what to choose?

Trying out my Young's special london ale clone this weekend. If she works I'll go for that with some back ups in reserve.

Rogue Dead Guy is crash chilled and soon to be bottled and kegged for my enjoyment.

Leave it warmy there has not been that much of a fuss about the date.

Kleiny

Well, trial batch of Kolsch has been made, and the consensus is that it's a winner, a little fine tuning and a fresh brew will be knocked out in mid May, enough time for bottle conditioning but still close enough for a fresh brew.

test batch going down this weekend.

Cheers SJ

Thats the plan for me too. "little Sister" shall be brewed and if all things are as expected i'll be a happy little vegemite. For fun i might even put it down on 1968. :eek:

Test batch being bottled this weekend, and backup brew will be brewed also. Hydro samples of the test taste good :)

Brewed bottled tasting great and now just to let it mature and carb until the swap.

I got a good 3/4 keg in the fridge too so have to get some of the real Rogue dead guy to see whether it is similar.

Kleiny

What to brew? I've gone AG now, and I'll never go back, although I would consider a partial mash if I need to brew inside, or to save time on a full wort boil.

I'm probably going to brew an APA next, based on a recipe of fourstars, but I'm not sure if I wanna bring an APA to the swap, as a few people already seem to be brewing them.

An english brown or bitter might be something I'd like to have a go at. I've had a few ESB's lately and I've enjoyed them. I'd consider maybe having a go at one of them... any advice guys? I know alot of it is personal preference, but I'd like to bring something a little bit different to what everyone else is bringing, but still do it reasonably well.

I'll really brew anything, if I know its going to be enjoyed by others. What about a golden ale? I put one down on Friday, so I can see if that is any good and make changes for the next batch to bring to the swap... maybe?

I'm probably going to brew an APA next, based on a recipe of fourstars, but I'm not sure if I wanna bring an APA to the swap, as a few people already seem to be brewing them.

Coming to the MB meeting tonight? i'll have some Mountain Goat IPA clone to try!

Latest posts

Back