Advance Notice 2011 Esb Winter Warmer Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korev

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Girls

Advance notice 2011 ESB Winter Warmer Competition. Date will be in July/Aug 2011.

So to give you enough time to start on some of these styles that need some age here are the styles

All AABC 2010 Classifications

8.2 ESB well not strictly 6% but the last 3 years we have had an ESB and it seems to be a popular style

14.1 Old Ales
14.3 English Barely Wine
14.4 American Barley Wine
18.3 Christmas beer - speciality

5.2 Maibock/hellesbock - yes I know its a lager
5.4 Dopplebock
5.5 Eisbock
16.3 Weizenbock

10.3 Baltic Porter
12.1 FES
12.2 RIS

14.2 Strong Scotch Ale
15.2 Belgian Golden Strong
15.5 Dark Strong
17.3 Bier de Garde

Cheers
P1

Not really intending to hijack this thread - more like piggy backing. If people go to the Articles section on the home page here, they will see NSW Special Case Swap 2011. We will make and swap a few of the beers that Korev has listed here. The idea of the Special Swap is to expand the production of bigger beers and get regular feedback. So by definition, here is a chance to brew a stronger ale, get feed back at a swap, then ESB comp and look at further entry to NSW and possible Australian competitions. The swap will not only give you some early feedback, but gives the newer brewer of these style (like me) a comparison to gauge how well they went and determine early, whether they have hit the mark or not.

Good one ESB and I hope to be able come along and again participate in the day.

Latest posts

Back