Esb Winter Brew Comp 2009 - Ales From The British Isles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any of the Campbelltown crew that want to enter can drop off at my place if you like.
I'll be doing a run down to ESB just before the closing date, PM or ring if your interested.
Mick.

how many bottles do i have to enter ???

G'day PryorBrewing,

BOTTLES: Entries shall consist of one (1) bottle of 600 ml capacity or greater or two (2) bottles of a lesser capacity, but not less than 325 ml.
All bottles should be securely labelled.
PET (plastic) bottles will be accepted. No restriction other than minimum capacity applies to the bottles.
Upon receipt all bottles become the property of the ESB Winter Home Brewing Competition.

You will find the complete guide in the .pdf at the bottom of the 1st post.

Rgds,
Peter (on behalf of the other Peter)

Judges Required - so far I have 4 BJCP judges pencilled in and some of the ESB guys to judge and steward. The comp is registered with the BJCP so :rolleyes: POINTS are on offer for those BJCP certified judges.

Also if you would like to judge and find out how it all works but are not BJCP there will also be some opportunities to judge/steward.

Please PM me if to register your interest and I'll send you directions.

Venue is Oatley about 10 mins walk from station. Start time 09:00 Sat 1st August. Lunch will be provided for judges and stewards and some hand pulled Best Bitter for cleansing. (hopefully conditioned in time) fallback is a keg of ESB! Sufficient judges to cater for the ?? number of entries and we should be done by lunchtime if not we will do some flights in the afternoon.

Cheers
Peter (P1)

Hi Guys,

Probably last weekend to brew for the comp!! Just enough time - 14 days for a low gravity session beer?

Reminder entries need to be in by Friday 24 July

Cheers
Peter (P1)

Ima comp virgin, so could anyone tell me is there some kind of minimum head space in the bottles?

Nope. Fill it as full as you want.

Why do you ask? :unsure:

Bump.

Reminder that entries for the comp close at the end of next week

COB next Friday, 24th July at:
Absolute - St Mary's
Country Brewer - Thornleigh
Daves - North Sydney
ESB - Peakhurst
Northern Brew - Woonona

4pm Saturday 25th July at:
The Brewshop, Peakhurst

Rgds,
P3

Bump again.

To be completely honest I was a little confused by the instructions and entry form.
I gather we cut out and adhere the label to the bottle using "Bottle 1" unless entering two beers into a single category?

Bump again.

To be completely honest I was a little confused by the instructions and entry form.
I gather we cut out and adhere the label to the bottle using "Bottle 1" unless entering two beers into a single category?
I think the two lables are for if you are entering stubbies- you only need to enter one bottle if over 600ml. Going to drop off mine tomorrow. With this cold weather mine are undercarbonated for their style.... Still be good to get feedback.

Yes, the second label is for those who are entering two stubbies.

I just called Pat from Absolute who wasn't sure that the drop off was confirmed. He's happy to do it, but just wants confirmation someone is picking it up before taking people's entries.

Perhaps another call to him would be good as I have my entries with me at work today and was going to make a special trip to St Marys to drop my two entries off.

I just called Pat from Absolute who wasn't sure that the drop off was confirmed. He's happy to do it, but just wants confirmation someone is picking it up before taking people's entries.

Perhaps another call to him would be good as I have my entries with me at work today and was going to make a special trip to St Marys to drop my two entries off.

Done. Re-confirmed with Pat.
Looking forward to your entries Josh.

Peter W

I will be picking up the entries from Pat on Saturday.

Just a reminder that entries for the ESB comp must be in today at the drop off points except The Brew Shop at Peakhurst which will take entries tomorrow. The Brew Shop does close at 4 pm on Saturday. Hope there will be lots of entries to judge.

Sent my entries via TNT yesterday should be arriving today hopefully :unsure:

Sent my entries via TNT yesterday should be arriving today hopefully :unsure:

Mike,
Should think so, being within Sydney Metro. Where did you send them - Brewshop or ESB?
I can order electronic components from Turkey on Friday arvo & have them on my doorstep Monday afternoon.

Peter

:icon_offtopic:
Sent to ESB, but have had trouble with TNT before, things getting lost at the depot, going to the wrong depot or state even !
The best one was with the last torrential rain and floods they had in Brisbane a whole lot of stuff floated away and the labels got washed out so couldn't be identified.

Back