2011 Esb Winter Warmer Homebrew Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK Please would all persons who would like to judge/steward advise if you are BJCP and PM me to confirm that you are available.

Thanks
P1

Not long before entries are due!!

Now I expect that most of you are only entering for the valuable feedback and if you place and get a prize that is a bonus.

Enough teasing stay tuned for more updates over the next week

Cheers
P1

Thanks to our generous sponsors -

4 groups

1st $100 gift voucher
2nd $50 gift voucher
3rd $25 gift voucher

for each group as attached.

P1

Grand Prize(s) details to follow

P1

View attachment Groupings.pdf

I have an ESB I'd like some feedback on, so would like to enter it, but I have the following questions;

At the opening of the thread it says beers with above 6% ABV but mine is at the bottom end of the ESB scale. (I like a less "robust"bitter) it's sitting at 5% but this is still within 8C style as per guidelines.
I suspect this should be ok.

Also, Why do you choose a 600ml bottle when all the good imported ESB's come in 500ml bottles? Hence what I bottle in.
(I hate buying 750ml bottles of "session"beer just to get a comp bottle)

Will you require 2 x 500ml or will one be ok. (I'll surrender one more if required but thought I'd ask)

BOG

Good Day
Because we are the ESB club, ESB is always in the comp. So enter your ESB. It would be best to enter 2 x 500 ml entries given the rules have been set. Don't wont protests :D

GRAND Prizes - thanks to our generous sponsors

Best of Show based on highest point beer wins a Kegerator - - Woot and a free entry to the US NHC next year

Best Brewer based on the number of entries that place 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each group with points allocated 3, 2 and 1 for 1st 2nd 3rd

WINS a Brewday at the Lord with Damon

Cheers
P1

Wow that is awesome... can I enter from interstate? :p

Comp is opened to all home brewers.

Just a reminder re entry deadlines

4.00pm Friday 8th July 2011 (this Friday)
ESB Brewing Supplies 1/11 Lorraine Street, Peakhurst,nsw
Daves Homebrew, North Sydney, NSW
The Country Brewer, Thornleigh, NSW
Absolute Homebrew, St Marys, NSW
Northern Brew, Woonona, NSW

OR

The very latest is 4.00 pm Saturday 9th July
The Brew Shop Henry Lawson Dr Peakhurst

Please PM Korev re judging or stewarding.

Good Luck. :beer:

Deadline for entries is 4.00 pm today at most locations.
Deadline for The Brew Shop is 4.00 pm tomorrow.
Get those entries in.

Phew, got my entry in just yesterday, had to reassure my young ESB that he'll be OK, (he was worried he'd get bullied by those big RIS and Strong Scottish Ales he'll have share a crate with this week) :unsure:

We at the ESB Club take care of all beers but especially ESB's. So your young ESB will be AOK (I wiil keep him away from the RIS's, they hit the alcohol pretty hard).

I would like to apologies for the packaging of my entry in advance...

It was a last minute decision to enter - sorry for the shoddy packaging

Looking forward to some feedback though :icon_cheers:

Got my entry in last week. It's gonna be a long week.
good luck everyone

Just starting to register all the entries - long week for all concerned I suspect.

Cheers

P1

Results will be posted tomorrow

Cheers
P1

Results attached.

Thanks to everyone who entered 98 entries in total. The weather held good for the judging with a good turnout of BJCP judges. Special thanks to Maurice as the Chief and only Steward and also to Richard for preparing the lunch which was excellent.

As you can see by the results it was a very close run competition congratulations to all.

Those who did not place will receive their score sheets in the post later this week. The winners will get theirs back once the certificates have been printed this will take at least a couple of weeks.

Please could I request that the first place getters provide me with their recipes and details of process for posting on the esbcomp web site

Once again thanks to all for participating

Cheers

P1

View attachment 110717_ESB_Winter_Warmers_Comp_Results.pdf

Back