Adelaide, where to live?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pk.sax

RIP bum
Reaction score
OK, this definitely isn't the first time I've asked for an opinion here.

Where do Adelaidiens like to live? As in if you were moving to the city all over again where would you live?

Static facts, I'm 28yo, not a party animal of any breed, would commute to the airport for work.

Give me your suggestions on places to look for?

Other Internet threads on the issue seem to all go on into bitchfights about the shonky north etc etc etc... Waddaya reckon?

lol, I'm not Richie rich but do alright. I wouldn't blink paying 300/pw. Have to justify myself 450/pw. But if I can bag something for 200-250 pw maybe I can save for a permanent place :)

A real estate property manager once told me that if you can pick a good suburb close to your work that has all facilities needed, schools etc then that is where you should be looking.

If you are working at the airport and use the above criteria then you have the choice of the beach suburbs, or Glenelg, Fulham etc or any suburb between the airport and the city.
A northern suburb residence would mean a treck to work each day.
You may find it hard to rent for under $300 in most reasonable places in Adelaide although you may find a unit around Henley Beach, West Beach.
Most properties near the Airport or the City demand high rents unfortunately.

When I lived existed in Adelaide I was in the CBD, just off Hutt down near south terrace, it was the quiet end, there was a good pub around the corner.

is this your 3rd job in 3 years now or just 3rd city

Heh, it's the fourth job and fifth city. Getting ridiculous since only one move was voluntary. The first one, then got poached and the next place eventually went under :( holding higher hopes for the next since they are way bigger and actually employing me to my ability from the start... Good sign I guess :)

Back