Hello from Canberra - Where all the important decisions are made!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaded and Bitter

Reaction score
Howdy all,

I'm from the deep north of the bustling city of Canberra, where as the title says all the important decisions are made like:
Same sex marriage, Boat People bogies and the usual. Most people ignore it.

Fortunately the Polies are out of towners we kindly babysit for the states to give them some respite and they dont mingle much. Although I'm looking forward to the next saga unravelling with Clive Palmer holding the balance of power. Hopefully be better entertainment than Pauline Hanson. Maybe clive will be sent to prison also?

Anyway Ive ben brewing for about 10+ years', AG kegs etc. I gave it all up for a while now I'm back at BIAB partials. I'm surprised at how far the hobby has moved on; more yeasts and grains, many many new hop varieties and better equipment. I've done a few brews but I'm looking forward to experimenting more with all these new fangled ingredients. Dry hopping with Aussie Topaz Flowers has been a pleasant discovery so far. Next brews a Funky Saison.

Cheers and Beers to all!

Hey Mate,

Welcome to AHB. If you haven't been yet, come along to a Canberra Brewers meeting - first Thursday of every month. We're a bit transient at the moment. This Thursday we're at the Canberra Club above Wig and Pen, but our normal haunt is the Harmonie in Narrabundah - back there for December. If in doubt, check the website: http://www.canberrabrewers.com.au. A great club with lots of member benefits...and not a pollie in sight...

Welcome mate, good to have you back on the brewing band wagon! Happy brewing!
Twalks

Ta Mr No,

Hopefully next meeting - got struck down by the lurgy being spread by the children this last week.

G'day and welcome. I too am in the ACT, for another week at least. I will miss Plonk!

Latest posts

Back