Adelaide BJCP Study Group

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wee stu

wee stu's brury - hand made beers, award winning l
Reaction score
As much discussed in this BJCP thread an Adelaide BJCP study group has been established.

At the moment we have about 8 or 9 aspiring beer judges on the list, but we can fit more in if the interest is there.

We are holding our first meeting, under the kind guidance of Pedro from Gulf Brewery, this Wednesday (22 March) from 6.30pm at the Wheatsheaf Hotel in George St, Thebarton. Jade is going to do her best to provide a quiet and studious setting for the meeting.

If you are interested, let it be known, either on forum or by PM. Before the meeting we are speed reading the BJCP study guide. We will also be discussing the merits of this study plan. Whether you want to be a judge, or just increase your knowledge and appreciation of the many flavours and sensations of beer, the group may be for you.

There is a serious, studious, intent to the group. This is not another excuse for a social evening at the Wheaty.

I will be there stu! I will also be canvasing for possible judges for ANAWBS.

Aaron said:
I will be there stu! I will also be canvasing for possible judges for ANAWBS.
[post="115432"][/post]​

Funnily enough Aaron, BJCP certification is on the agenda for the next ANAWBS committee meeting :)

Tseay said:
Can't see anything on the BICP comp register, regarding ANAWBS. What are you planning ?

T
[post="115494"][/post]​

Tseay, a proposal is on the table to explore registering the comp. We are still investigating the possibility, the benefits and any potential drawbacks. No firm decision or action has been taken yet.

Feedback on your experience of the process with the Castle Hill show would be welcome, either on forum, or by PM or email - so as not to risk boring senseless the rest of the community, with the thrilling, in depth, discourse of beer competition organising :D

is this serious or an excuse for a trip down to the wheatie, as interested in learning any thing i can a bout the brew. been off line of late as a few serious issues to deal with. so now back

Well it has been nearly 12 months since this all started but finally it's over. The five of us that took the exam in Adelaide finally have our results. All of us managed to pass the exam to varying degrees and will be at least at the certified level once we get the experience points up.

Congratulations to all the guys that took the exam. A really big thank you to Peter from Gulf Brewery for running the exam. Thanks also go to Tony Jones and Peter Jamieson from Lion Nathan and Brooke Travis from the Australian Wine Research Institute for assisting with the exam. They let us use Lion Nathan facilities and took their time to be tasters for the exam.

A very special mention for Roach. He drove the group along and did the bulk of the organisation, we wouldn't have got it all organised without his efforts. Thanks mate.

Top work lads, major grin factor scores by everyone. :party:

Great work fellow graduates from the BJCP Adelaide Class of 2006. 100% success rate is a testimony to the diligent and disciplined tasting throughout the year, interrupted with occassional study.

Thanks to Pedro for taking on the Exam admin role, to the local proctors from Lion Nathan and AWRI, and to the support from the BJCP organisation in the US.

There was an exam? :blink:

Oh yes, I think I remember.

Well done lads, don't forget your drinking hats on the 31st

Congrats to all, though I'm not surprised.
I've had the privilege of feedback on my beers from a few of the group and have admired the sensory perception.
Well done.

There was an exam? :blink:

Oh yes, I think I remember.

Well done lads, don't forget your drinking hats on the 31st

Congrats, Wish I could have been part of it. Must have been a bunch of fun.

Doing my tongue exercises in anticipation of the 31st :unsure:

cheers

Darren

Latest posts

Back