2006 Bjcp Study Course/exam

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Berp and others,

I happy to get involved with the course if we get enough starters from the Southern parts of Sydney. I enjoyed it last time around, got to try some great beers, learn a heck of a lot and met some fellow beer nerds.

I've already enlisted the help of two other Sydney judges, only they don't know it yet :D (good on ya HBW and JV). I was thinking that we could each hold one of the sessions and pass on our practical comments on how we found the course, things to study etc.??? (open to suggestions)

Let me know if this is of any help and who may be interested.

Trev

I've already enlisted the help of two other Sydney judges, only they don't know it yet (good on ya HBW and JV).

Yep, im happy to help out Trev, but call me a beer nerd again and i'll come over a smash ya with my mash paddle !! :p

:beerbang:

I understand Vicbrew is trying to get some enthusiasm from the western and northern clubs in Melbourne this year (westgate and worthogs).

I am keen to do the exam again this year and if there are enough people in my part of the world (melbourne east) for a study group, who knows, we might be able to get more than one going. Any other AHB Melbournites keen?

There doesn't seem to be much action from SA brewers here.

I did the exam last year and would be happy to help a group in SA to prepare for the exam.

For those that are worried about group sizes, I studied by myself as no one else ended up stuying in SA and flew to Melbourne for the exam (thanks again to those in Melbourne for their hospitality)

Cheers
Pedro

Gulf Brewery said:

I did the exam last year and would be happy to help a group in SA to prepare for the exam.
[post="104671"][/post]​
I was waiting to see if there was anyone else interested. However, I will put up my hand. If we can get a few people interested I would be keen on doing an Adelaide group.

I'm interested in doing the course. Anybody else in the Inner West, Sydney fancy drinking and talking about beer? Sounds good to me. :super:

I'm quickly gaining interest in it this time around - another East side Melbournian.

This is something that I would like to do but don't know if I will have the time.
Maybe I can come to some of the study groups to learn and help share the costs

Hoops

Aaron said:
Gulf Brewery said:

[post="104671"][/post]​
I was waiting to see if there was anyone else interested. However, I will put up my hand. If we can get a few people interested I would be keen on doing an Adelaide group.
[post="104686"][/post]​

Oh well, just in case you can't see it from up there on high my hand is raised also.

I would be intersted - should say am interested depending on schedule. That is another vote for Melbourne.

I'll put one hand down next to Stu's, and one hand up next to Aaron's ;) for an SA Group.

Would be dependant on timing of course.

OK, I am trying to get things a little more coordinated now, and want to see how many study groups there will be out there. So what follows is the list I have of study groups, and people interested. If you see that I have missed something out, then let me know.

This is going to be crossposted to other forums, so apologies if you get multiple copies.

NW Sydney group - contact NW Brewers
Maybe a Southern Sydney Group - contact Berapnopod
Newcastle group - contact Gough
Melbourne group - contact Worthogs and/or Westgate Brewers
Adelaide group - contact Pedro

I know there's a few people in Brisbane that are interested as well, but don't know to what extent a study group has been planned. But so far I have jayson, Rob, Ross, BrissyBrew and Hoops as interested parties.

If you're interested, but are not a part of these groups, then please contact me or the above contacts to get yerself hooked up.

And *please* let me know if I am missing anything or anybody out here. I will try and contact individuals that have shown interest on their own to sort it out that way as well.

Berp.

berapnopod said:
I know there's a few people in Brisbane that are interested as well, but don't know to what extent a study group has been planned. But so far I have jayson, Rob, Ross, BrissyBrew and Hoops as interested parties.
[post="109136"][/post]​

I think we can call that a group......????? what ya think guys?

berapnopod said:
OK, I am trying to get things a little more coordinated now, and want to see how many study groups there will be out there. So what follows is the list I have of study groups, and people interested. If you see that I have missed something out, then let me know.

This is going to be crossposted to other forums, so apologies if you get multiple copies.

NW Sydney group - contact NW Brewers
Maybe a Southern Sydney Group - contact Berapnopod
Newcastle group - contact Gough
Melbourne group - contact Worthogs and/or Westgate Brewers
Adelaide group - contact Pedro

If you're interested, but are not a part of these groups, then please contact me or the above contacts to get yerself hooked up.

And *please* let me know if I am missing anything or anybody out here. I will try and contact individuals that have shown interest on their own to sort it out that way as well.

Berp.
[post="109136"][/post]​

Just to let any potential Newcastle BJCP candidates know who haven't contacted me yet, our group had its first meeting last weekend and has its next planned for the 11th March. We can probably still handle some late starters, but please let me know (via PM is fine) ASAP. Judging from our first meeting this looks an excellent course. Should learn a lot :)

Shawn.

ozbrewer said:
berapnopod said:
But so far I have jayson, Rob, Ross, BrissyBrew and Hoops as interested parties.
[post="109136"][/post]​
I think we can call that a group......????? what ya think guys?
[post="109139"][/post]​

Spread far & wide, but it's got my vote :) - I'm sure there must be a few more interested though?

cheers Ross

Lindsay Dive said:
Who are NW Brewers?
[post="109141"][/post]​

I'll send you a PM with contact details, Lindsay Dive.
I am reluctant to give out peoples email addresses in a public forum, so if anyone else doen't know who a contact email is, just PM me.

Berp.

Are there any Melbourne people who haven't got themselves into the Yarraville group yet? I believe it is starting on May 1.

Or are you interested in doing the course but can't make it to the sticks (like me)?

Please PM or email me - Vicbrew would like to hear from you. Alternatively, if Yarraville is convenient for you then just contact Grain and Grape directly.

Where do you have in mind Paul? I'm interested enough...

Latest posts

Back