Anawbs Comp - Now With Added Bjcp

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wee stu

wee stu's brury - hand made beers, award winning l
Reaction score
ANAWBS, the Australian National Amateur Wine and Beer Show, is celebrating its 27th year by becoming Australia's latest BJCP sanctioned competition.

The entry dates, styles and guidelines are all still as previously posted, and as listed on the ANAWBS website. From a competitor's vantage point, there should be no noticeable difference.

From an organisers point of view, BJCP registration encourages even greater levels of accountability and responsiveness from the ANAWBS committee. It is further commitment from us to you, the amateur brewers of Australia, to present the best run show we can.

If you are a BJCP certified judge, and you are interested in participating in ANAWBS, we would love to hear from you. Unfortunately our resources do not run to subsidisinig interstate travel to Adelaide :eek:

ANAWBS would like to acknowledge the generous help of Gulf Brewery who have sponsorsed our BJCP registration. Thanks for the help Pedro, I am sure it will be repaid by Fish Tail Pils purchases over the Lion Bar by committee members :beer: .

Remember, ANAWBS entries close Friday 29 September 2006. Happy brewing.

edit entry date corrected.

Remember, ANAWBS entries close Friday 1 October 2006.

No they don't :) lol

They close Friday 29th October 2006 ... I heard this from a reliable source

:)

Armstrong said:
No they don't :) lol

They close Friday 29th October 2006 ... I heard this from a reliable source

:)
[post="127089"][/post]​

I certainly hope not! We have the venue booked for judging on the 6th and 8th of October and the presentation day is booked for the 15th of October!!

Entries close Friday 29 September 2006.

Thanks for the pick up Armstrong, even if it was slightly fumbled (almost certainly my fault if it was :rolleyes: ).

Good on Gulf Brewery for sponsoring the BJCP certification. AFAIK even if you're not a BJCP certified judge, if you become one then you can claim judging at prior BJCP-certified competitions as experience points if you become one at some later date. Is that right, stu?

The retrospective points apply to judging conducted in between the time the exam is undertaken and the subsequant grading, which in last years case took nigh on 6 months.

This scenario applied to a lot who took the eam last year and then judged in the NSW comp a month or 2 later. We all eventually got our points awarded - in Febuary.

Experience prior to the exam date cannot be claimed AFAIK.

Trev

That makes more sense, Trev. I knew there was some sort of time frame involved.

Trev said:
The retrospective points apply to judging conducted in between the time the exam is undertaken and the subsequant grading, which in last years case took nigh on 6 months.

Experience prior to the exam date cannot be claimed AFAIK.

Trev

Trevor,

You are almost correct. You can claim experience points recorded from competitions you participated in during the 24 months prior to taking the BJCP exam. Any competitions after the exam are automatically credited as the BJCP knows all about you.

You claim prior experience points at http://www.bjcp.org/Retroactive_Points.pdf

Dave

Even better! Cheers Dave.

Good work Stu and thanks to Pedro and Gulf Brewery.

I am assisting Stu with ANAWBS this year so I may also be able to help anyone with questions etc.

Aaron said:
I am assisting Stu with ANAWBS this year so I may also be able to help anyone with questions etc.
[post="127202"][/post]​

Welcome aboard mate :beer: , onwards and upwards.

Latest posts

Back