Adding Hops To Bulk Prime Sugar Mix.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammo7

Reaction score
Hey all.
I'm about to bottle my Citra SMaSH and I'm wondering if you can add hops to the sugar mix (either at 10 mins, or flameout or both) just to give it an extra little flavor/aroma.

Has any one sucessfully done it, or is it just going to ruin my beer?
I know I should have dry hopped in the secondary, but didn't have a second hop sack at the time.

My plan it to do a 10 min boil with 750ml water, add 10g citra@10 min,add the sugar @ 5 min, then 15g citra@flameout -crash chill in ice bath, then add to bottling bucket.

thanks in advance,
Matt.

Perhaps you could do a hop tea (i.e. the french press method) then dissolve the sugar into the tea. This would prevent getting hop debris into your bottle beer.

Cheers SJ

Perhaps you could do a hop tea (i.e. the french press method) then dissolve the sugar into the tea. This would prevent getting hop debris into your bottle beer.

Cheers SJ

Go for that method, little grasshopper

sipping_tea.jpeg

The way marketing is today with beer you could have those hops in the bottle and charge extra for the privilege.

I once put a bunch of hops in a bag in the bulk prime vessel and left it a few hours, was good.

The way marketing is today with beer you could have those hops in the bottle and charge extra for the privilege.

Yes, people are also paying extra to have Kung Fu, drummers and Elvis Presley in their beer. It's super.

Latest posts

Back