2200w Elements From Craftbrewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<br />We also sell these units at Beerbelly, the early units were not so great, but they have improved vastly. They are very popular, and an easy instant solution for an HLT paired with a controller. Previously, there was nothing close price wise by a country mile.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

LOL. You're a joke, I've written you about 10 emails in the last week and no reply. Why plug
Your products on ahb if you don't even get Back to your customers

Yeah, Sorry for the OT.
I will be doing a BIAB to start with. I was thinking that I would use the tempmate or have a look at one of those STC-1000 off ebay.
The element is very low in the keggle - just touches the curvy bottom (had a mate pop a hole in it with his plasma cutter so was easy to go through the welded part) bit. I'm hoping that it won't get too hot around the grain. would I just be better off wraping the keg in a blanket to try and maintain constant mash temp?

Thinking I'll have to put this in a different thread!!

I'm hoping to get around this problem by using a false bottom (of sorts). Found a 300mm dia stainless strainer that should sit over the element and other internal parts after making a few appropriately placed cutouts.

<br /><br /><br />

LOL. You're a joke, I've written you about 10 emails in the last week and no reply. Why plug

Bit harsh mate, great supplier to deal with.
Besides they do have a phone number... Perhaps call them?
They have just moved this week... Maybe this is your issue?

Fellas

I have been using 2 * 2200w elements without issue

I bought them quite a while ago from JB

Ross

Do the new ones coming in have the 30cm extension part or does the lead plug directly into the element as in the picture above?

Cheers

Fellas

I have been using 2 * 2200w elements without issue

I bought them quite a while ago from JB

Ross

Do the new ones coming in have the 30cm extension part or does the lead plug directly into the element as in the picture above?

Cheers

They have the 30cm extension part - I need to update my picture, the one showing is the old model.

cheers ross

Would these be suitable for "over the side use" if a suitable hook was made? I'm guessing not.....

I'm hoping to get around this problem by using a false bottom (of sorts). Found a 300mm dia stainless strainer that should sit over the element and other internal parts after making a few appropriately placed cutouts.

Wouldn't it be difficult to measure the temperature in this situation? Where would you stick the probe? Wouldn't the grain cop a lot of heat before the heat dissapted throughout the volume of liquid?

Not sure how this would work in a non recirculated system.

I have recently put two of theses in my kettle but I haven't tested them yet, I've been told they work a treat... I got some server extention cords from work they're about 2m.

Wouldn't it be difficult to measure the temperature in this situation? Where would you stick the probe? Wouldn't the grain cop a lot of heat before the heat dissapted throughout the volume of liquid?

Not sure how this would work in a non recirculated system.

Good question. I intend to have fun figuring it out. I am going to start with a handheld probe to see what the difference in temp between the grist and the water under the bag/false bottom. I figure that if I hook up my temp controller to the element, I can control the mash temp pretty well anyway though. I'll be physically mashing the grain with a big ol masher, so the water should circulate ok. If the water is at 68 and the temp of the grain drops, I am hoping that with my stirring it will circulate the water enough.
If not, well I guess I will have to come up with a plan B.

<br /><br /><br />

Despite the fact that there is not a single person who has sent 10 emails in the last week I can guess that you're the pompous prick in the inbox who goes from normal to tantrum throwing brat in 4 emails in as many hours? I'm a bit tired of self centered jerks like you and your selfish carry on. Just because you've sent an email demanding attention doesn't mean you're going to get it. In fact people who send repeated rude emails making all sorts of silly threats tend to get no attention at all. And idiots who then continue to take it further by posting in an unrelated thread to take a stab, are only making themselves look childish whilst GUARANTEEING they will never be dealt with again.
Both our website and a post here on AHB clearly stated we were in the process of moving premises. If you are in that much of a hurry you can't afford to pay attention to what's going on, or bother being polite whilst dealing with my wife you are welcome to take your business elsewhere. We can do without business from aggressive spoilt twerps like you who think the world revolves around them. You were replied to, it just wasn't to your liking.

After having to deal with you directly and read your silly emails, Amanda echoes these sentiments. And that's saying something.

The fact is people like yourself are the reason every now and again I consider not making a damn thing for anyone anymore. You want it and you want it NOW. And you stand out like a sore thumb in the inbox, because you're the only one who's behaving like this. People like you have no consideration for the fact that there are people ahead of them in the queue who are waiting patiently, and I know which ones deserves the service first .....so Happy shopping elsewhere.....bye bye...

Apologies to to the OP & everybody else for this, but I am f#%@ing sick of people being rude to my wife for no reason. She's one person, there's only so many hours in the day.

must be hard dealing with people like that but hopefully most of your customers are patient as your products are second to none so as you say its not worth dealing with people that act like that.

Despite the fact that there is not a single person who has sent 10 emails in the last week I can guess that you're the pompous prick in the inbox who goes from normal to tantrum throwing brat in 4 emails in as many hours? I'm a bit tired of self centered jerks like you and your selfish carry on. Just because you've sent an email demanding attention doesn't mean you're going to get it. In fact people who send repeated rude emails making all sorts of silly threats tend to get no attention at all. And idiots who then continue to take it further by posting in an unrelated thread to take a stab, are only making themselves look childish whilst GUARANTEEING they will never be dealt with again.
Both our website and a post here on AHB clearly stated we were in the process of moving premises. If you are in that much of a hurry you can't afford to pay attention to what's going on, or bother being polite whilst dealing with my wife you are welcome to take your business elsewhere. We can do without business from aggressive spoilt twerps like you who think the world revolves around them. You were replied to, it just wasn't to your liking.

After having to deal with you directly and read your silly emails, Amanda echoes these sentiments. And that's saying something.

The fact is people like yourself are the reason every now and again I consider not making a damn thing for anyone anymore. You want it and you want it NOW. And you stand out like a sore thumb in the inbox, because you're the only one who's behaving like this. People like you have no consideration for the fact that there are people ahead of them in the queue who are waiting patiently, and I know which ones deserves the service first .....so Happy shopping elsewhere.....bye bye...

Apologies to to the OP & everybody else for this, but I am f#%@ing sick of people being rude to my wife for no reason. She's one person, there's only so many hours in the day.

Wow mate! Unfortunately I know where you're coming from on this one.

I don't know why, but far too many people in life think that businesses are run as a public service, an obligation or worse still that the people working in these businesses are in servitude to them who pay the way.

Some people work for a big company, and often policy dictates that you must pander to these F@%#tards or risk losing your jobs, but a smaller number of (almost exclusively talented) people are ale to control their working lives more effectively.

More power to you for concentrating on your work, and not being distracted by small minded selfish people who don't see the bigger picture.

without pickning sides or knowing the interaction, and i dont want to know, and advise going no further online with this altercation.
get over it, move forward( sorry for quoting gillard.)
edit-sorry that was moving forward.

I'm going to mount this element in my new pot next week I guess, but before I do is there any hard and fast rule on clearance from the bottom of the pot?
I guess the higher up it is, the easier it will be to clean but too high and it will create other problems.
Can't seem to find any recommendations on CB or JB's sites about clearance. Any takers?

I'm going to mount this element in my new pot next week I guess, but before I do is there any hard and fast rule on clearance from the bottom of the pot?
I guess the higher up it is, the easier it will be to clean but too high and it will create other problems.
Can't seem to find any recommendations on CB or JB's sites about clearance. Any takers?

I haven't got one of these elements but I do have a 2400w element in my keggle HLT.

Mount it as low as you can without touching the bottom, a good 5mm should be fine. I mounted mine as low as i could, due to the curved bottom of a keg its about 5cm from the dead bottom.

I put the drain HIGHER then the element so if I drained the HLT with the element still on, it wouldn't 'burn out' due to no liquid to absorb and dissipate the heat.

I put the drain HIGHER then the element so if I drained the HLT with the element still on, it wouldn't 'burn out' due to no liquid to absorb and dissipate the heat.

Good idea, and one I'll use when making my HLT. Cheers :icon_cheers:

Good idea, and one I'll use when making my HLT. Cheers :icon_cheers:

Oh man, now that is a text book example of lateral thinking.
I have been stressing over trying to integrate some kind of thermal protection for the element so that it wouldn't burn out if i accidentally run it dry. But this solution is simple and effective. Well done Frag_dog.

Btw, a safety question. From the pic that i saw of the 2200W element, the cord has 2 prongs. Does that mean it has no earth wire connected to it?
Also, before seeing this element, i was going to get one of the traditional ones and mount a junction box to my pot so that the wiring was encased. This element has a very neat silicone casing, so would you guys say that it makes the junction box redundant?

Cheers,
Mate

Any idea when these will be back in stock? Was about to order one, but it wouldnt let me!

I have two of these mounted in my 70L pot. One will barely boil 45L and 2 rip through it. 2 would be fine in an 80 or 100L pot i rekon. Mine has no insulation either.
Mine are the newer version however where the cable enters the insulation still requires to be handled with care and one of mine is already starting to come away from the housing.
Everyone was out of stock when I needed mine as well. Ended up getting three from a place in Mansfield for $120 delivered. Baragin!
I run off two different circuits in the house and have no problems.

Latest posts

Back