2015 Vic Christmas in July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers fellas for the excellent day, anticipated nothing less.

Got some cheeky pics of idzy climbing the cook fire.
1436002200558.jpg
And of Jesse and Wayne doin real men's work.
1436002251285.jpg
Thanks folks, friggin fantastic day... Wished I could stay longer but alas.

Has everyone survived? Do we need to send out a search party?

Thanks heaps fellas, had a blast!!! Special thanks to Martin for having us you've got a lovely place there mate! :)

Think we survived, albeit a bit zombie-ish this morning!

I even took the "bad" road home and made it, probably because i was forced to do 20km/h behind the cyclists...

Massive thanks to Martin for hosting!! Very generous of you (& your missus)! :icon_cheers:

Venue was great - nice to be out in the open space of the high country with a bit of greenery around.
That blaze was amazing. When it finally got going. Gotta love a bonfire!

Always great to try everyone's beer - lots of kegs and bottles to be had. Many tasty offerings!! With the added bonus that there was no issues with trying to chill it all.
It was fantastic to catchup with everyone. Well, most of everyone; there were a few i didn't get a chance to chat too, unfortunately... Or they were quick enough to get away before i could corner them!

Also huge thanks and credit to those who set-up and operated the brewing effort - Idzy, Wayne, Jesse, Martin & others.
Looking forward to getting at least 1 cube (... it *did* eventually get into cubes didn't it?) of glorious Scottish wort.

Martin, big fail on the weather. :ph34r: :lol:
So. Freakin. Cold.
I was ok not feeling my hands or feet for the entire day, but i was a bit disturbed that it took *5 hours* to get feeling back into them after i got back to the warmth of civilised Reservoir.

Apologies for having to bail early, and i hope you guys aren't hurting too much this morning.
Thanks again, Martin!! Epic day for all!
:super:

technobabble66 said:
Looking forward to getting at least 1 cube (... it *did* eventually get into cubes didn't it?) of glorious Scottish wort.
Yep, you got one full cube, I've got it and your 2x spare cubes. Feel free to get in touch when you wanna grab em - I've got that Rogers on tap too if you got time for a beer :beer:

Huge thanks to our hosts MartinOC and his partner Tracey. Martin you're an esteemed gentleman with a mad streak a mile wide.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1436065749.830502.jpg

Thanks to the system gents who I already mentioned, to AJ80 for organising the food, to Nullnvoid for the spit-roast pork and lamb, to all the cooks, and to the brewers of all that lovely beer I didn't get to drink since I was driving home far too soon. Big ups boys, 'Twas a Bummock to remember.

Massive thanks to Martin and Tracy for hosting. Was an awesome night - great brews, great food, great chats and an epic fire.

To everyone involved, A massive thank you!!! Great venue, great food, great brewers and great hosts.

I had an awesome time and learnt a lot from the seasoned brewers and am keen to apply this knowledge to my brewing.

The weather may have dampened the groung but it didn't dampen the spirits of everyone there which was great to see. Oh, and I can finally feel my hands again!

Dave

Huge thanks to Martin for hosting the event, it's a beautiful part of the world up there & it was an epic day.

Thanks to all guys for bringing & setting up, getting the brewing going early & during the day, everyone that took control & took part.

Thanks the foodies, spit was great & those words were awesome! Mmmmm

Thanks for bringing beers along to share too, always an absolute highlight & inspiration for my next few brews.

Apologies to whoever's cream coloured crate i ended up with? I hope you took home my box of swaps in retaliation!

Seems like all the sore heads are awake...

Reiterating a great big thank-you to Adam, Jesse, Wayne and Rus for getting down on Friday and of course to the gracious hosts! The massive set up effort made the whole brew possible...

With that said, anyone know where my cubes are, and what state they are in? :D

Thank you to our gracious hosts Martin & Tracey !

Thank you to all the brew wizards, if I knew what the hell you were doing maybe I could have helped. It was a massive effort and it was very much appreciated.

Thanks to the foodies and everyone else who helped out

Maybe some kind of roster could be helpful so people get a break, many hands and all that....

I ended up in Yea at 6am this morning, it's like a magnet and I vowe to never sleep on the backseat of a car again....great to meet you all, it's changed my opinion about brewing and what it means to me...cheers fellas

Cheers everyone for the day and the tasty beers, Martin and Tracy for the venue, Adam and Wayne for letting me loose on their brew rigs and anyone else who got yelled at when trying to figure out which cam lock fitting was required for each mash tun when pumping.
Btw Grainer I have your cube. You can collect when ready.

Mardoo, likewise

I missed out on chatting with you about the US which is a shame

mofox1 said:
No wukkas - what time did you start filling 'em?

Seems like it might have been a late one... what were the final volumes & OG?
OG was 1100!!! So a wee heavy wee heavy.

Back