2015 Vic Christmas in July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back again!

Here's some ideas for us to throw-around before committing to a design & costs:

"I love (or insert heart-shape) a good Bummock*!”

“I love to Bummock*!”

"I survived a Bummock*"

“Bummock* me up, Scotty” (cheesy, huh? ‘Must have been drinking...)

As an explanation & for those not aware of the term (reading the T-shirt), I suggest a "*" with an explanation somewhere to avoid unsolicited advances from Cocko:

Choose from the following:

1. Festival brewing of ale.
2. a brewing of ale for a feast.
3. Brewing of strong ale for a festival
4. Festive brewing of strong ale for a feast
5. “a large brewing of ale for a merry meeting,” or the ale itself

This would allow production of a generic T-shirt that could appeal to others wanting something different to wear & not specific to the event itself.

ALTERNATIVELY......:

We could go with a T-shirt that commemorates the World-Record attempt, such as:

“Bummock* in the Bush. Kinglake July 2015 – World Record attempt.” Etc..etc.... with the "*" explanation on the front (or back?). We'd be committed to a minimum production run of 50 shirts (Screen-printed).

On the back, we could have something like:

"From this day to the ending of the world,
[SIZE=medium]But we in it shall be remembered-[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]We few, we happy few, we band of brewers;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]For he to-day that sparges his wort with me (...or "Bummocks with me"??)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]This day shall gentle his condition;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]And gentlemen in Australia now-a-bed[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That brewed with us in Kinglake upon that day."
[/SIZE]

William Shakesparge

I've got a couple of quotes coming-in & will probably get Cocko to do the follow-up & see if we can get a better price.
The way I'm thinking now, is to ask everyone to contribute a flat-fee that covers food, T-shirt & cube, but I'm not sure right now how that will/might pan-out.

Outside of that, if someone doesn't want to participate, but wants to buy a T-shirt , contribute to food etc., I'll have to do a re-think.

Feedback welcomed.

Edit: Spelling etc..

g day just caught up to this ...back form holidays yesterday

what a cracking idea t shirts to commemorate the brewday

one of my favourite song lyrics may just fit the bill ..... LITTLE FEAT WILLING

Ive been warped by the rain
driven by the snow
Im drunk and dirty, dont ya know
and im still .... willing

either either its a great song my 2c

AJ80 .. ive decided to change food offerings so will bring a couple of trays of lasagne different flavours ..a traditional and mexican inspired job

reckon we may need to sort out a food schedule ... keep the food rolling out all day and into the evening
this will reduce and or conserve cooking implements bbqs / cooking devices etc etc

thx Mick

cheers Mick

MartinOC said:
We could go with a T-shirt that commemorates the World-Record attempt, such as:

“Bummock* in the Bush. Kinglake July 2015 – World Record attempt.” Etc..etc.... with the "*" explanation on the front (or back?). We'd be committed to a minimum production run of 50 shirts (Screen-printed).

On the back, we could have something like:

"From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brewers;
For he to-day that sparges his wort with me (...or "Bummocks with me"??)
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in Australia now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That brewed with us in Kinglake upon that day."
Lol, some funny t-shirt ideas there Martin.

My vote would be the above with the world record attempt mentioned.

The length of the quote might add to the cost of the tshirt, but regardless i like it.

Cheers

Wow....so much has happened since I went on holidays. This is sounding like an awesome couple of days.

I'm still such a newbie when it comes to brewing I won't put my hand up for that side of things other than crushing grain (I can't stuff that up) and any clean up after the brew.

I'm 100% behind sponsoring MartinOC's wifes trip to the Day Spa. The least we can do given their hospitality.

I would be happy to come up on the Friday to help set up. I have a very large tarp (truck curtain side) in the shed that could be used as a marquee if there are trees or other things to attach to.

I'm also more than happy to help with food. Wife loves to bake biscuits, slices and cakes so if you think they would be good she will be more than happy to bake them, she just doesn't know it yet.

I'm now "following" this thread so I will be able to keep up to date with it.

Just wondering who's doing the penis name tags this time? :D

The Bummock is made...And now let the wild rumpus start...

from the children's book 'The Wild Things'

DU99 said:
Lights camera brewing :chug:
Aha! Now, you've given me an idea:

I've got a video camera that can do time-lapse, so I could set it up to take a film of the whole day :)

Any more thoughts/comments about the T-Shirts? I'm still waiting on a second quote to come in...

navarau said:
Just wondering who's doing the penis name tags this time? :D

I've never attended so I'm unaware of exactly what this means but I think that having a short name could be an advantage for some. Pants with a fly would be helpful too I suppose.

431neb said:
I've never attended so I'm unaware of exactly what this means but I think that having a short name could be an advantage for some. Pants with a fly would be helpful too I suppose.
the boys from mildy attending?

Just added to the T Shirt list Martin. I've included size to save doing it later.?

So I thought I would make an RIS for the case swap. It is my first so not sure how well it will turn out. Anyways it is going to be just north of 11%ABV. I know that it is etiquette to provide 750mL bottles, but I am wondering if it is acceptable to provide just 500mL bottles considering the ABV and I would personally struggle getting through 750mL in a sitting. Thoughts?

Latest posts

Back