2014 W.A. Xmas in July Case Swap.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only flies we're getting this time of year, Nev, is my old friend the fruit fly.
rubshandstogetherandgrinsevilly.gif

Anyone bringing an extra keg? Not that it is absolutely necessary, but more variety is good. My taps are still there for free-for-all.

JYO, how is the mild going?

LOL sorry boys, I was going to be able to get beers there at least for 26th, swapped my FIFO shifts around. I'm at work now till 21/07 so cant attend OR swap. I did try to swap shifts again but its not going to happen. Sorry if that fucks it up and leaves you an odd number. Maybe next time ay.

Cheers
Matty

1. dent - Baltic Porter (10%) - brewed and good to go - attending
2. jyo- Oatmeal Stout- Confirmed. Batato Salad - attending
3. Milk Lizard 84-Golden Ale confirmed. Pork and apple sausage rolls - attending
4. Nev**** Vienne odeur de soufre 5% *CONFIRMED*And TOFU TOO ! - attending
5. keifer33 – Dry Stout - Confirmed - Food will most likely be some beer related snack. - attending
6. Mitch_76 - Dubbel Choc 8.7% - Confirmed food will have TBC for now! - attending
7. twocansam - American Wheat - Confirmed
8. Recharge - London brown ale - Confirmed, not attending
9. Rad - Amber ale - Confirmed (not sure a sausage, cheese and olive plate or lasagne?) - attending
10. lanerigg - IPA confirmed - food TBC
11. StalkingWilbur - Robust Porter - confirmed - attending
12. danestead - american IPA - CONFIRMED - attending
13. pilgrimspiss - Albany Dark Ale-
14. wilkens - choc/vanilla porter CONFIRMED (swapping but not attending)
15. Ned - Rye APA. CONFIRMED, not attending
16. Spoonta - 
17. smurray - 
18. Biggo – Braggot
19. Krausenhaus - APA Confirmed
20. Neanderthal Black IPA - Mini Ham and Cheese Quiche ( Getting Drunk on the day )
21. Bada Bing - Some sort of lager maybe
22. Bigmacca- TBA
23. Aces High - Aussie Lager
24. ledgenko- something dark

pilgrimspiss said:
LOL sorry boys, I was going to be able to get beers there at least for 26th, swapped my FIFO shifts around. I'm at work now till 21/07 so cant attend OR swap. I did try to swap shifts again but its not going to happen. Sorry if that fucks it up and leaves you an odd number. Maybe next time ay.

Cheers
Matty

3. Milk Lizard 84-Golden Ale confirmed. Pork and apple sausage rolls - attending
5. keifer33 – Dry Stout - Confirmed - Food will most likely be some beer related snack. - attending
6. Mitch_76 - Dubbel Choc 8.7% - Confirmed food will have TBC for now! - attending
9. Rad - Amber ale - Confirmed (not sure a sausage, cheese and olive plate or lasagne?) - attending
16. Spoonta - 
17. smurray - 
18. Biggo – Braggot
20. Neanderthal Black IPA - Mini Ham and Cheese Quiche ( Getting Drunk on the day )
22. Bigmacca- TBA
Pitty, blame jyo, I am.
Nev

dent said:
Only flies we're getting this time of year, Nev, is my old friend the fruit fly.
rubshandstogetherandgrinsevilly.gif

Anyone bringing an extra keg? Not that it is absolutely necessary, but more variety is good. My taps are still there for free-for-all.

JYO, how is the mild going?
Got the spare hand pump if we need it ?

Shit, Pilgrim. I feel a bit responsible seeing the date was changed to help me out. Sorry, mate.

Ended up brewing an ESB with challenger and EKG for the hand pump, dent. Double batch, one is nearly finished fermenting with the Mangrove's Burton Union and the other with the PC ESB yeast is chugging away. Didn't pitch the PC until Thursday, but it should be good to go. If I can ferment for 10 days, CC for a few days and then get it to you by the 15th to carbonate and sit for a few days, we'll be rocking. It'll be bloody fresh. :)

jyo said:
Shit, Pilgrim. I feel a bit responsible seeing the date was changed to help me out. Sorry, mate.

Ended up brewing an ESB with challenger and EKG for the hand pump, dent. Double batch, one is nearly finished fermenting with the Mangrove's Burton Union and the other with the PC ESB yeast is chugging away. Didn't pitch the PC until Thursday, but it should be good to go. If I can ferment for 10 days, CC for a few days and then get it to you by the 15th to carbonate and sit for a few days, we'll be rocking. It'll be bloody fresh. :)
All good jyo!! At least you can go mate, I was only going to be able to swap anyway so enjoy it!! I know I would have hahaha. I'll get to meet you boys one of these days and make you drink my beer hahaha

Cheers
Matty.

Great work.

I've got a porter that would be good on pump #2 if noone else wants to take that slot. Otherwise I'll carb it up and serve as usual.

dent said:
Great work.

I've got a porter that would be good on pump #2 if noone else wants to take that slot. Otherwise I'll carb it up and serve as usual.
Pumps there, just need to rig it for keg or we can try the collapsible water bag ? Just top it up as needed.
Bags easier to rig.

pilgrimspiss said:

Cheers
Matty

16. Spoonta - 
17. smurray - 
18. Biggo – Braggot
22. Bigmacca- TBA
Sorry all, but Im out as well.

Aces

16. Spoonta - 
17. smurray - 
18. Biggo – Braggot
22. Bigmacca- TBA
24. ledgenko- something dark'

Sorry guys, us too.

Last weekend of semester was a poor choice to brew, didn't end up happening and am out of time now.

You're still welcome to come by and drink beer if you like.

Sent a message on the 21st. MIA so far.

I pitched yeast today into a brew that my brewing buddy did. Going to be tight, but should be able to get it fermented out and a week in bottles before the swap.

If you guys are cool with that I'll add him to the list. If not, all good :)

Sure, add him to the list so we can keep track. Since you are supervising you take all blame and responsibility for his beer!

So just to confirm, we only bring 1 beer for each of the swappers? If so, can we get a final count a few days prior to the event?

Haha. I'm actually concerned his may be better than mine, so I can live with that.

danestead said:
So just to confirm, we only bring 1 beer for each of the swappers? If so, can we get a final count a few days prior to the event?
Yep. Currently looks to be 17.

Latest posts

Back