2014 Vic Xmas in July case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that's a lot of bottles...

1405765480328.jpg

576 bottles of beer on the floor....
And if one brown bottle should accidentally fall.
There'd be....
Oh bugger it, I'm not typing that song out

Fantastic day.
Great appreciation to Yob for hosting, plus Idzy/RelaxedBrewer/Whiteferret et al for gear provided (plus a day setting up!), plus all food providers (& keg providers!).
It really was a brilliant day - great to catch-up with everyone, including some new faces - I've quickly grown to love these gatherings of our victorian brewing group.
A good reminder of what AHB & our hobby is all about - good beer, great people.

I hope the hangovers are not too bad tomorrow for those staying on! (10.something%, yob, you bad man!)

Yes what a great day it was. Thanks to everyone who contributed (food, beer, venue). It was getting pretty messy when I left and that was over 3 hours ago. Sore heads and tall stories tomorrow.

OK, a few bits of the devastation as it currently stands. The absolutely accumulated chaotic tumbled down happiness is hard to convey. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1405775117.001379.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1405775140.712857.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1405775159.623237.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1405775176.927814.jpg

Meats said:
Thanks for the day guys. Was awesome to meet you all. :)
I think you mean 'Was awesome to Meats you all. :) '

See what I did there?

GrumpyPaul said:
And much to my disappointment...Cocko is just a man.
You only walked away with that impression because you left early.

Us hangers-oners know that Cocko is actually a 7-year-old Vietnamese rubber farmer.

SmallFry said:
You only walked away with that impression because you left early.

Us hangers-oners know that Cocko is actually a 7-year-old Vietnamese rubber farmer.
Just think about what you could do with all that rubber!

"The old girl does pretty well for herself, despite the alopecia."

Lovely to meet your Mum Cocko!

Truly epic gents! Thanks will never be enough Yob, especially considering the caning you're going to get from your wife. Now on to breakfast and then the clean up! See y'all soon.

Cheers for an awesome morning, arvo and evening gents. Was great to finally get along to a swap and meet you all. Massive massive massive thanks to Yob for hosting as well as to everyone behind the brew day and the food as well as the guys who brought along beers to sample - tried some great stuff yesterday. Really appreciate everyone's efforts.

Like everyone else, thanks to Yob for hosting the event. It was truly an amazing night. Learnt a lot, and drank some absolutely fantastic beers. That raspberry stout was amazing!

Great food, great people (except cocko), and great times!

Had to dash off early this morning, but it was a great swap, best I have ever been too!

Big thanks to Yob for hosting and organising the brew day. To Idzy for the monster build and equipment, to white Ferrit and Relaxed Brewer for their systems to make it happen.

And another big thanks to Newguy, Mardoo and Martinoc for the feast that was put on. I have no doubt everyone was feeling very satisfied with the enormous amount of food on offer.

A great night was had we were all hydrated with good ale, fed well and in good company. Was great to catch up with a few old faces and put names to new faces and to just chew the fat on all things brewing.

Photos of the brew day. No short measure

photo 1(1).JPG

photo 2(1).JPG

Thanks for hosting Yob
Cheers for a great day / arvo / night
Tried some cracking beers and plenty of laughs

Cracker of a day/night.
Massive thanks to everyone involved, especially Yob for hosting!!

Was great to see the 600L kettle in action. Well done Idzy!!

I was really impressed with the quality of the beer and food.
Apparently I spoke to the misses on the phone at about 6pm and she could not understand anything I was saying. Hopefully I made more sense to the people around me.

Huge thanks to Yob for hosting and organising the close to flawless brew day.

Thanks too to Idzy for the massive pot build & whiteferrit, Relaxed Brewer for the gear & everyone involved in the whole brew, cubing & beer swap process. Thanks for all the beer tastings too, some monsters in there.

Thanks to Newguy, Mardoo, Martinoc, Mick & everyone involved for the magnificent food!

Great to catch up with some great blokes & soak up other's knowledge before things got too loose.

A ripper day & long live the HBBC!

Yep massive thanks Yob for hosting and everyone else for the huge efforts. Was a ripper night.

Have always prided myself on the philosophy that a big strong man knows when its time to go to bed. Last night I definitely wasnt that man haha!

Think I'm still processing that Belgian and will be for some time :)

Edit: HBBC lmfao!!!!

Thanks again to Yob for hosting and thanks to the catering team for putting on so much good food.

It was great to meet the people behind the avatars and sample some awesome beers. I didn't get to stay as long as hoped but, according to the wife, that was probably a good thing.

Can't wait to start sampling some of these beers. Damn near pissed myself reading Mardoo's labels. Gold!

Back