2011 Close-enough-to-get-to-adelaide Autumn Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy with that, can the judging wait till 4-5pm ish though? Keen to judge this one.

I'm keen to judge this one too. happy to judge at 4/5...but cut off for the entries prob should be 2 as Boston said.

will be bringing a few bottles of brews (Rye IPA, Imperial Mild and Dark Belg Strong) as I'm short on decent kegged beer atm...and there is obviouslly a few kegs making an appearance. looking forward to it.

must be time to start plan ning for the winter swap now. :eek:

Drinking my swap beer now, not too bad at all.

DSCF3057.jpg

Carbonation is good, i bottle conditioned this to get more carb that i would if i bottled from the keg.

Head retention is good - 100% pilsner malt, not a single grain of that carapils rubbish in sight. ;) Nice lacing all the way to the bottom of the glass.

Hmmm, do i really want to give this away.......

That looks awsome DrSmurto! Yes you do want to give it away! Pils is one of my fav drops!

DSCF3057.jpg

Carbonation is good, i bottle conditioned this to get more carb that i would if i bottled from the keg.

Head retention is good - 100% pilsner malt, not a single grain of that carapils rubbish in sight. ;) Nice lacing all the way to the bottom of the glass.

Is this a wind up Dr S? that looks like you've cracked a vb and poured it into a fancy glass :p

... looking forward to that one

DSCF3057.jpg

Sorry to point this out but your dart board is slightly crooked.

Was that a whole pellet or a half pellet? A whole pellet waved over a coopers clear would throw it completely out of balance.

Tis a nice pilsner, I have been fortunate enough to sample some already, the good Doctor has a perfect remedy for this dodgy weather, take one longneck of his Bo Pils, pour into glass, drink. Then repeat as required.

Good carbonation and clarity, some grassiness in the hopping late in the pallette, but not to the detriment of the brew.

DSCF3057.jpg

Had a long neck of this one a week or so ago...you guys are in for a treat!

Cheers
Phil

I think it might be 2 sleeps for me. I stayed up to watch the cricket last night & had an hours sleep between the cricket & work. I feel terrible but I reckon a nap might fix things for me. I have to brew tonight too. I've somehow ended up that low on beer that I just had to buy a slab of coopers clear pale ale. I'm sure another 12 longnecks will come in handy at some point.

QUOTE (TonyC @ Mar 23 2011, 04:09 PM) Well i now need to pull out as an attendee, but still wish to swap. I will contact Josh about dropping my beers over. I have secured two tickets to the football, and only ever get to go with my son rarely, and he is at the age that he will dump me sooner than later. Hope you have a great day all.

Regards Tony

You'll do anything to get out of hanging out with us won't you?

WTF?

@Raven. Happy to wait a bit longer to judge, don't want it too late after many tastings, give me text when you know what time you will get in.
@Smurto. Got my CPBF back from Phil today, so all is good. Let me know if you have any tasters for me to take along.
See you all in 14 hours.

Should be able to get there a bit earlier now - planning an early arvo arrival now :)

QUOTE (TonyC @ Mar 23 2011, 04:09 PM) Well i now need to pull out as an attendee, but still wish to swap. I will contact Josh about dropping my beers over. I have secured two tickets to the football, and only ever get to go with my son rarely, and he is at the age that he will dump me sooner than later. Hope you have a great day all.

Regards Tony

You'll do anything to get out of hanging out with us won't you?

WTF?

Was in jest mate. The last swap at hatchy's fell on a day that you already had plans and I think that is what he was referring to.

I can now add my CPBF to my list of inanimate objects with a reluctance to behave this week. Grumble. I got 20 bottles - which I think is *just* enough - would have been 22 if not for an abundance of overflows. Also, some of the bottles are a little underfilled now - I shall bring a keg in the port-a-keg as consolation. The beer didn't quite turn out as planned, but it's good. I dub it a 'Not-so-Irish Not-so-Red' and it's capped with red caps... I'll write QB on there tomorrow just in case someone else is using this most sophisticated identification method.

With any luck I'll be bringing pretzels too, but that's dependent on me getting my arse into gear in the morning.

Do we have sufficient edibles to get us through the night?

Cheers!!!

This swap is haunted!
Either that or I have been cursed. Blew the radiator in the ute last night now I have to work out how to fit the Keezer into the daughters Lantra :blink:
Two infected beers now this!
I'll get there though, around 1-1.30. probably.
I NEED A DRINK :beerbang:
Off to take measurements, why didn't she get a car with a towbar? :unsure:
Cheers
Nige

Alright, my stammtisch beer went into the keg about half an hour ago. I'll give the Ross method a crack in a while and see if I can get it carbed up and ready to drink. Should be there a bit after 12ish I reckon.

Latest posts

Back