2011 Close-enough-to-get-to-adelaide Autumn Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i now need to pull out as an attendee, but still wish to swap. I will contact Josh about dropping my beers over. I have secured two tickets to the football, and only ever get to go with my son rarely, and he is at the age that he will dump me sooner than later. Hope you have a great day all.

Regards Tony

Im pretty sure there is only one girl there mate...

Yep I agree. The chesticles are all exactly the same size on every one. So therefore it has to be faked. :D
Edit: had to add a smiley.

Not wanting to take this :icon_offtopic: too much so I will post this only once.
I will be bringing some products up for a couple of brewers on Saturday.
If any attendees would like something brought up let me know by lunchtime Friday so I can get prepared.
Orders through the store or PM only, don't want this thread turning all business like.
Cheers
Nige

How dare you take a case swap thread off topic? I'm disgusted but at the same time I'm trying to think of something that I need from yr shop.

Hey guys,

Looking forward to the swap this weekend, even though my beers craped out an I have no beer to swap.

Any way was just wondering if anyone was bringing a Randall to this swap? Never had a beer out of a Randall before would be interested to try it out.

Cheers.

Leg

Phil & I are bringing our collaboratively mash hopped beer which (assuming things go to plan) will be split from the keg & going to 2 taps, one straight & one through a randal.

I scored a stubbie of Phil's swap beer because I "helped" him bottle it (I had had a few & don't actually remember being there so I don't know how much help I was). I'm drinking it now & it's delicious. Terribly underhopped as we expect from Phil but still pretty tasty.

My swap beers are in coopers boxes but with this rain I'm off to get them in milk crates in case the boxes get wet. I really hope no Queenslanders read this & see me complaining about Adelaide rain.

Well i now need to pull out as an attendee, but still wish to swap. I will contact Josh about dropping my beers over. I have secured two tickets to the football, and only ever get to go with my son rarely, and he is at the age that he will dump me sooner than later. Hope you have a great day all.

Regards Tony

You'll do anything to get out of hanging out with us won't you?

Edit: QB, are you bringing enough punctuation for everyone or should we bring our own punctuation?

Ok, so I'll be heading on over to Josh's house somewhere around 2pm. I have a friends 1st y.o. sons birthday to attend to first, leave as soon as I can, swing by mine, pick up my swap beers and the Keg of Altbier and the food, and head on over...

I talked my bro into coming... A KnK brewer shortly after I started, he gave up after a few failed attempts/infections. I reckon, with a little coaxing we can get him into atleast BIAB, he likes my beers... He's just a little time strapped is all (demanding 2 y.o. and small business)

Anywho, I'll bring enough beer and food to cover the both of us, so all should be well. The more the merrier right??

My Alt wont be there till around 2, so Nige, you'll have a free tap for a bit

When is the Stammtisch judging happening???

And the swapping?? If the swapping is happening before I arrive, I'll arrange to drop my beers off to Josh's earlier...

Cheers

Nev

The swapping usually happens later on, after all the swap beers have arrived...usually two or three people do the actual swapping of the beers, me butters and crundle did a whole swap back in 09...however, now-a-days we let the most sober people there do the swapping, and we have a drink off comp to find out who they are...

I should be dropping off my swap beers as well as hatchy's and a keg or two of beer. Aussiejosh, is there room in a fridge to keep 2 kegs + randall overnight?

Cheers
Phil

This vintage thing is killing me. All this rain is playing havoc with my plans.

I am now out of attending swap day again as i will be working. Still swapping though.

Swap beer is with Raven, 24 longnecks so once the swap is done the rest are for the host or to chuck in the fridge and drink and whinge about a beer with bugger all hops that used a lager yeast :lol:

Oh yeah, and it is pretty much standard custom to give the host an extra bottle of swap beer for hosting the swap...so even though aussiejosh is swapping, he gets an extra case of swap beer to boot.

I'm happy to swap the beers over as long as we're swapping them before it gets too late.

I had another sample of my beer tonight. It didn't gush but it was a bit uncontrollable in the glass. Sorry about that fellas, I've lost my bulk priming mojo.

Confirming I will be there, but arriving later in the arvo. So hoping the formal swap wont be till 5 or 6pm ish?

Hope to be there by 4 - 5pm.

Confirming I will be there, but arriving later in the arvo. So hoping the formal swap wont be till 5 or 6pm ish?

Or 7pm ish? I'll hopefully be there by then.

Beers are with QB now anyhow so no worries either way.

The swapping usually happens later on, after all the swap beers have arrived...usually two or three people do the actual swapping of the beers, me butters and crundle did a whole swap back in 09...however, now-a-days we let the most sober people there do the swapping, and we have a drink off comp to find out who they are...

I should be dropping off my swap beers as well as hatchy's and a keg or two of beer. Aussiejosh, is there room in a fridge to keep 2 kegs + randall overnight?

Cheers
Phil

You asked first so you get! ;) Was speaking to Hatchy today......will you be dropping them off on friday night? (fridge has only one tap) so you guys may need to bring a gun or somthing? Ill be happy to donate my Co2 bottle as well.....not sure how much gas is left in it?

Other people bringing kegs may also need to consider brining co2

Oh yeah, and it is pretty much standard custom to give the host an extra bottle of swap beer for hosting the swap...so even though aussiejosh is swapping, he gets an extra case of swap beer to boot.

More beer for me!!! YAY!!!

Space for your keg sorted Nev.
I will be bringing 3/4 keg Mild Ale, 42.25pts at Tanunda Show, 3/4 keg of Dry Stout and 3/4 keg of Stammtisch New World Ale. Full gas bottle.
Saw some growlers the other day and might get a couple and see if there is enough Black IPA left in the keg to fill them and bring along. + food to be decided.
I'll just need a power point to plug in the Keezer.
Cheers.
Nige

Edit: QB, are you bringing enough punctuation for everyone or should we bring our own punctuation?
I'm writing papers, so I need most of them, but I can probably bring at least some semi-colons, maybe - just maybe - a split infinitive, and if you're real lucky, I'll dig out my old gerunds.

I'm trying to learn a small amount of Mandarin at the moment, so be prepared for some far-left-field context-directed grammar!

Beers are with QB now anyhow so no worries either way.
I should be there by the aforementioned time with simma's beers (and with any luck, mine too).

Space for your keg sorted Nev.
I will be bringing 3/4 keg Mild Ale, 42.25pts at Tanunda Show, 3/4 keg of Dry Stout and 3/4 keg of Stammtisch New World Ale. Full gas bottle.
Saw some growlers the other day and might get a couple and see if there is enough Black IPA left in the keg to fill them and bring along. + food to be decided.
I'll just need a power point to plug in the Keezer.
Cheers.
Nige

Nige, you win on Awesomeness! 2.25 kegs FTW

Do I need QD's and the like, or just my keg?

Now I'm getting giggidy :icon_drunk:

Time has slipped away from me, but am not pulling out. I will be bottling Saturday morning and the beers will be cold and ready to drink once I arrive. All I need now is my CPBF back from Phil or swipe Smurto's on the way to bottling.
I will run he Stam judging once I am there and entries arrive, as to be fare to entrants 2pm will be the final cut off for entries.

Nige, you win on Awesomeness! 2.25 kegs FTW

Do I need QD's and the like, or just my keg?

Now I'm getting giggidy :icon_drunk:
Just the keg mate.
I have three taps and a picnic tap. Three gas lines but can just move one around as needed.
Nige

Time has slipped away from me, but am not pulling out. I will be bottling Saturday morning and the beers will be cold and ready to drink once I arrive. All I need now is my CPBF back from Phil or swipe Smurto's on the way to bottling.
I will run he Stam judging once I am there and entries arrive, as to be fare to entrants 2pm will be the final cut off for entries.

Will be working on Saturday but am happy to leave the CPBF out the back for you. If i find time i might even bottle of couple of my 100th AG, the ryedunkelweizenbock for you to take along for feedback.

Back