2011 Close-enough-to-get-to-adelaide Autumn Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on recent history, it is highly likely a few more swappers will drop out too. I hope I am wrong though!
I too hope you are wrong Raven, BUT I still don't have anything in the bottle :eek:
Hope to keg a Dunkelweizen early next week, carb and CPBF if all good.
Will need an empty keg and some CO2 first though. May have to take something round to Muckey's tomorrow and get him and butters to give me a hand.
Nige

I might be availible to come judge the stamm challenge in the early part of the day but does not look like I can stay for the swim through ATM.

Have the awful feeling I won't be swapping. Sample has same taste as last beer. Will try again in morning in case I am just being paranoid and decide then. Either way I will be there with 2 or 3 drinkable kegs and my party hat on :D
Nige

Is it possible to get a lift with anyone from the west/city area?

Sheet....all the way up north....hope butters or his mates muckey or domonsura aren't coming.....could be some deaths on the day....
gf

I'm not sure if it was mentioned in previous pages but is there room to roll swags out at yr place Josh? I don't plan on driving home that night.

Amin, we should be OK to give you a lift up there but don't plan on heading back that night, do you have a swag?

It looks like getting my fridge up there & back may be a hassle so I'll probably bring 2 kegs in an esky with ice.

Hatchy,
There's always room to pitch the tent across the road in the park. :D

GF,
Too many problems start with bad jokes on here. :(

Nige

I'm not sure if it was mentioned in previous pages but is there room to roll swags out at yr place Josh? I don't plan on driving home that night.

Amin, we should be OK to give you a lift up there but don't plan on heading back that night, do you have a swag?

It looks like getting my fridge up there & back may be a hassle so I'll probably bring 2 kegs in an esky with ice.

cheers, if can leave my beers with you to pick up later I'll probably just catch the bus back.

OK I am officially out of the swap part of the proceedings :(
Good news is I think I know where the infection is coming from, one more fermenter for the garden.
I'll try make up for it by bringing the remains of my Black IPA and the Mild that did well at Tanunda.
My Stammtisch Ale will also be in a Keg and I will bring some meaty things for the barbie.
I'll bring my Keezer and there will be room for a keg or two, I think Nev wants one slot.
Only a week to go!

Nige

That sucks mate. My swap beer is slightly odd, the testers gushed but when we poured them they weren't overcarbed in the glass. I'm not sure how that works but I don't think it's a good enough reason to pull out though.

It looks like we've got less than 25 swappers so Josh will get 2 of everyone's beer.

I'm looking forward to this one.

Anyone that wants to stay the night can stay in the rumpus room, it's not perfect a little old an run down, I think the last owners were ready to knock it down that's why Nev had to hook the power back up. Anyway it's large enough for a a number of people to sleep in, does not leak, has air con, sink and toilet.

Not sure how many fridges are coming along? But mine will be in there and it has a tap, also I have a large esky, the iga across the creek sells ice.

Current schedule has the ship I'll be on getting to the wharf at 1300 next Friday meaning I should be able to make the 1615 flight home from Perth and thus be ready to go for a midday start at the swap on Saturday. Still going to have to head home around 7ish to look after the girls though.

I'll be tasting my swap beer again tonight and see how it's going. Stammtisch beer I should be able to keg next Saturday morning and will hopefully be able to get it cold in time. If not I'll grab a random keg out of the fridge and bring that.

I might hit Helena up for some more Baklava if anyone's interested, otherwise I don't know what sort of food I'll bring.

well I was considering adding my self to the backup list pending how a batch I bottled last weekend was shaping up, but I didnt have high hopes as all i could smell after bottling was ethyl acetate, I just chilled down a sample and yep its still there big time, so no go :( I will be rocking up with my stammtisch and ill bring along a bottle of bock and a couple of bottles of raspberry wheat to share around.

Oh and what time is the stammtisch judging going down?

Looks like i will be making an appearance afterall. A few hours only but enough time to swap beers, drink all your beer and then bugger off before the hop smoking.

So the ringburner chicken(tm) will be there - if you haven't had it yet then you're in for a treat!

Bloody vintage has been delayed, again. Will the grapes ever ripen is the biggest question, my bet is no. That will help the grape glut for now.

Good stuff Smurto. Can you put a bit more chilli in your chicken this time. make it more like a ring numbing chicken.

Cracked a long neck of my case swap beer tonight to see if it was any good.........
After 2 weeks it tasted fine! No infection or offensive flavours, so im happy about that. It is a AG dark ale with east kent goldings and Cascade.

Latest posts

Back